Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Pump

MarcoRolla

I need to think about replacing my water pump soon as it has a small leak. Is it worthwhile plumping the extra on the Fensport one or sticking with an OE replacement?

I've read somewhere the facelift water pump is made with metal impellers where the prefacelift has plastic ones that are prone to break...but im not sure if this was on the early celica and sorted on the corolla. Best check tho if your buying second hand.

There is one on eBay now second hand for .99p and another for £15 or brand spanking for £55

Luke

the water pump is a bit of a weak spot. As they always seem to spring a leak.

the OEM pump that was originally fitted to my car was replaced by me at 42,000miles, when i spoke to the parts man in the dealership he said he sells 2-3 a week!

When I replaced my water pump, the design of the seal system on the new OEM pump is completely different and much better. My advice would be buy the OEM one or get a second hand one and replace the seal to the new type and install. Its not usually the bearings that go but the seal.

I would not touch a non-oem one with a stick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links