Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights

Kingscurate

I did read on here about poor headlights and i have to agree with them. So how can i improve night visibility? Are the bulbs from Halfords more powerful? Or does it mean replacing the full headlight, dont really want to do that due to costs?

Any suggestions/

Many thanks

I did read on here about poor headlights and i have to agree with them. So how can i improve night visibility? Are the bulbs from halfords more powerful? Or does it mean replacing the full headlight, dont really want to do that due to costs?

Any suggestions/

Many thanks

this is a common known problem in the avensis. stop wasting time on buying halogen bulb as it wont make a big difference. just upgrade it to HID kit 5000k. eBay is the best choice to get it from and maybe the cheapest.

I did read on here about poor headlights and i have to agree with them. So how can i improve night visibility? Are the bulbs from halfords more powerful? Or does it mean replacing the full headlight, dont really want to do that due to costs?

Any suggestions/

Many thanks

this is a common known problem in the avensis. stop wasting time on buying halogen bulb as it wont make a big difference. just upgrade it to HID kit 5000k. eBay is the best choice to get it from and maybe the cheapest.

However, please be aware that going along the HID route could make your headlights illegal and cause it to fail any MOT test :huh:

I have a 2007 facelift model so not 100% relevant to your 2004.

However, imo good upgrade bulbs (I have a mix of Philips for highbeam & Osram for dip) improve the amount of light within the beam pattern very noticeably but they didn't really increase the overall range of the lights.

Halfords will charge you very little for them to fit the bulbs (as long as you buy them from them) which given what an akward job it is on an Avensis you may consider worth it.

Any suggestions/

Many thanks

The cause of the poor visibility is that the Avensis beams are set too low. Fit some Phillips xenon filled bulbs with a blue tint to give you a whiter beam and lift up the beams. The adjustment is made with a screw on the back of the light fitting. Half a turn should be enough. Check that you are not blinding the driver in front.

Despite the fact that many contributors to this forum have fitted HID xenon ballasts to their cars, you should be aware that the law requires these to have auto levelling systems and headlamp washers fitted and they are illegal without these.

Fitter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links