Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aircon/ Blowers Bad Smell?

Pow17

When i turn my blowers or aircon on there is a horrible smell ive tried those aerosol cans that you set off and leave in the car to circulate through the system and one that you spray into the outside vent and none have worked. Anyone have any more ideas or solutions?????

When i turn my blowers or aircon on there is a horrible smell ive tried those aerosol cans that you set off and leave in the car to circulate through the system and one that you spray into the outside vent and none have worked. Anyone have any more ideas or solutions?????

I know what you mean, I had the same problem with mine. Think it is quite common on these anyway. Check your pollen filter first and see if it needs changing it should be white, mine was black.

Next thing is to get a cleaning solution that you can spray into your I think it is air box it is situated under the bulk head I had to get under the car to do it.

You get a long pipe that goes on the nozzle you stick it in the box and spray.

This works it did for me those bomb things are a waste of time I tried a few before doing it this way.

As above change your pollen filter first and if the smell persists I would say an aircon bomb might do the trick! If you get a proper one it should it should neutralise any bacteria and smells present.

just use an air con disinfectant and switch to recirculating, remove pollen filter and spray the interior of the airbox with the contents of can, refit filter and turn fan to max to distribute the cleaner over the evap core. job done,

also once smell is gone always switch off your aircon a couple of minutes before you come to a stop.read this somewhere online and mines never smelt since i did this.

Check the air-con water drain is clear. You can get a deodoriser which you inject up the drain - that way the fungi killing chemicals get direct to the evaporator and kill any residue in its catch tray. Kills the odour at its source.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links