Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Beep/chime

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the annoying warning beep that occurs when the driver door is open and the key is in the ignition? i have tried the seat belt warning "fix" but that doesn'twork for the key in the ignition beeb.

Not easily. There was something I read a while ago where the guy had a cure but it seemed to involve stripping the ignition switch down and either fitting or cutting an earth wire somewhere. I left mine alone, annoying though it is.

At least I got rid of the seatbelt chime. A strategically placed circle of black insulating tape covers the annoying flashing warning light too.

There is a dead easy fix..............take the keys out! :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

I was looking into this a few months ago on this forum. I have not done it yet, but I was told that there is a small 2 pin plug on the ignition switch, take the covers off and remove this plug, it does not disable any other functions

To Parts-King, If you take your keys out you disable other functions eg., your cannot play the radio.

To Parts-King, If you take your keys out you disable other functions eg., your cannot play the radio.

You can if you leave it in the accessory position, ACC, what other functions would you want whereby you leave the door open with keys in the ignition? It seems a very good reminder to me to take your keys out of the ignition and does more good than harm, just like the seat belt warning and other warning sounds built into cars for various safety reasons

Kingo :thumbsup:

In reply to it being a reminder and safety reason, I have had various cars over a large number of years all without this "safety" noise and as yet I have never left my keys in the car. Apart from anything else you can't lock the car if the keys are in the ignition so it seems a bit pointless. The reason I want it turned off is so that I can have the radio on and the door of the car open if I choose to do so. In conclusion it would appear that the answer to this is "No you can't switch it off".

In reply to it being a reminder and safety reason, I have had various cars over a large number of years all without this "safety" noise and as yet I have never left my keys in the car. Apart from anything else you can't lock the car if the keys are in the ignition so it seems a bit pointless. The reason I want it turned off is so that I can have the radio on and the door of the car open if I choose to do so. In conclusion it would appear that the answer to this is "No you can't switch it off".

Radio/doors open ? Why not just open the windows ?

I like it on as its a warning to myself if the grandkids have left a door open.

to Parts-King: take the keys out and cigarette socket is disabled. I cannot use the vacuum cleaner with the plug in the Cigarette socket with out the beep going, or pump my tyres with the electric pump, or sit and listen to my radio on a hot day with the door open, the window is not the same.

Does it matter if the door is open if you are standing still, the odd thing is, if your turn the ignition on, the beep is disabled, so you can drive away with a door open.

• 8 years later...

Unplug the small black connector with two wires under the steering wheel. T25 -07.

3 minutes ago, RR20 said:

Unplug the small black connector with two wires under the steering wheel. T25 -07.

The topic is 9 years old ......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links