Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt 4 Carlos Sainz?

ballsrichi

What lifespan does it have??Does anyone have one that surpasses 130K, im interested  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What lifespan does it have??Does anyone have one that surpasses 130K, im interested

• dont know what this is
    • p
    • l
    • k
    • j
    • h
    • g
    • g
    • f

I´m very interested in buying a gt four carlos sainz special edition and as the only way to buy one nowadays is 2nd hand, i obviously wont find any of them for under 80 000 miles. My question is, how long do u think they last. I have a honda prelude 1989 currently done 100K and still runs smoothly. So if anyone knows when the gt4 stops working or breaksdown, anythign at all, please say somethnig

i guess anything will run for as long as it is looked after. That isnt what you are looking for i know, but untill you see and hear the car running.....who knows...

I agree a car will only last as long depending on how its looked aftered... And with turbo's if you don't leave it ticking over for about 5 mins before you drive off, and the same before you turn the car off, it'll shorten the life of the turbo.... Just make sure you test drive the car, anything wrong with this car can be very expensive to put right..... Really nice motor the GT4... :thumbsup:

the car will last as long it has a good treatment.

the only thing you should check is the turbo condition ,

the down pipe and the intake pipes.

I bought my ST185 about 18 months ago with 180km on it and since then its clicked over to 200km+. So far the turbo has needed rebuilding (it had a large amount of carbon deposits in the exhaust turbine; four lady owners I'm sure you can work it out). Checking the play in the turbine bearings and straping on a boost guage is about as far as you can go to check the turbo. The ceramic shafts are weak but as long as it hasn't been boosting too high they should be fine. I've heard that the centre hanger bearing and diff mounts in the rear can be a problem so just listen for a dull thud going from rev to 1st. The rocker cover gaskets always leak but they arent a big job to replace. Mine blows no smoke uses minimal oil and doesn't look like giving up anytime soon.

hey dude, i have a gt4 st185 which has done 85000kms and it still runs smoothly, it's a 1988 model. so dude don't worry too much, about it. all i can say is if you look after your car, it will last a long time. but you have to look after the turbo though. when you start the car you need to let it run for about five minutes so that it can warm up, and the same with when your about to turn off the engine.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

hehe ive got a celica Gt4 carlos Sainz Model Number 2621 and its only done 43000 miles!

even though ive had the car for only 2 years i am still in love with it!

but now the clutch has gone (lent it to my dad and he drives a automatic BMW!)

and the drivers side wheel bearing is starting to creek abit (225/40R18 would made a wheel bearing strain abit) but ive just put a BLACK AND CREAM leather interior,7'' and 4.2'' LCD Tv screen with GPS and changer, 12'' 550w subwoofer with 2 6x9'' Speakers which run on 250watt and it has blue neons all around (the interior pedals light up blue), carlos sainz custom front bumper, im going to get a CT20b turbo and a front mount intercooler and hopefully a blitz ECU

Fingers crossed!