Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Total Mr2 Newbie Stupid Question

Ian Nicoll

Hi, I've just recently bought a 1994 MR2 and have never owned a mid engined car before and I'm not sure where to check my water coolant level or how to top it up, please can someone help, I know it may sound a stupid question but having never owned one never mind had to check it levels Id rather ask than damage it

in the engine compartment on the passenger side you'll see the coolant cap (looks like a normal rad cap) check that coolant is visible there. also check the overflow bottle (next to the fuse box in the engine compartment) this is harder to see so a piece of wire dunked in should hep you see the level easier

That's great, thanks for your reply, am I right in assuming if I need to top up my coolant, I top up the overflow bottle or do both get topped up

As Dawsey said,

i usually check and fill the rad capped filler first (when cold), and check level in the overflow...this should have a full length dip tube in so it is quite easy to see the level.

Mo