Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is It ?

Ikelos

Hi all,

in the boot, and looking at the small cover on the left that covers the rear light bulbs, there is a plastic thingy about the size of a cotton reel, stuck to the boot lining, just above the cover, with a wire going through the cover.

any bright spark know what it might be..................thanks

No idea, nothing like that on my Gen2 or the Gen3. Both lamp covers are perfectly plain and unadorned.

Add on reversing beeper for pedestrians?...where does the wire go?

thanks all.

cootuk, that might be something to do with it, picked the car up yesterday, and it had been fitted with reversing parking sensors, which I did not order, mind you, they did take it off the bill.

I will try and take a photo...................

That looks like some sort of buzzer. Maybe a little piezo-electric one. Are both leads connected? Anything happen when power is applied?

it has just the one lead going into the wiring harness............

thanks

hi,

no, the car was brand new yesterday...............

Hi it is a piezo-electric buzzer what it is there for is anyone's guess not a buzzer to tell if the boot is open run from the boot light definitely home made.

I guess, ring the dealer, as long as they do not all fall over laughing.........................

Very odd. I can't imagine Toyota fitting a buzzer on the outside of the trim like that. I'd be inclined to get it back to the dealer and ask them what it's for. If they don't know, ask them what a brand new car is doing wearing an aftermarket buzzer...

just phoned the dealer and asked to speak to the workshop, the manager came on, I explained all to her :rolleyes: and she had no idea what it was, and could i take it down there, so I backed out of the garage, and asked my better half to stand behind the car, and the "bleeping noise" came from where the plastic thingy was. so i guess it is the reversing sensors all buried in the rear skirt.

has anyone out there got the reversing sensors fitted.....??????????

so we will not go to the dealer today, maybe when I am passing........................

Hi just had a thought are the reversing sensors factory fitted or was your car one which the sale fell through for some reason and another dealer fitted the buzzer or has the factory fitted buzzer failed and this is a attempt to repair it cheaply.

Ian.

that sounds about right, they also put the supagard on the paint, which they also took off the bill, having looked into it online, it would appear that the sensors and the paint thingy, are put on by dealers and not by Mr Toyota....

on the bill, supagard is £350 and the sensors the same, you can get them fitted by independant dealer. colour coded at £159.

Hi, I had the sensors factory fitted by Mr Toyota, have checked the boot area and there is a small toggle switch above the light cluster, it is black in colour and is only a small switch with on and off marks...the on mark has a small speaker sign alongside it...hope this helps?

I guess, ring the dealer, as long as they do not all fall over laughing.........................

nice to get something for nothing.

Can't help with the buzzer thingy but I would get the side protection strips fitted pronto; they look good an'all!

It looks great, not sure I made right choice in cancelling my order. My civic goes back next week and no news on delivery of my CT200h

as we thought, it is the reversing sensors sound thingy, the dealer rang this morning to see how it was all going, I asked him what the blue bit over the end of it was for, and he said, they put that on so it is not too load, so I went out and peeled it off. should it be too load, then I will recover it with a proper disk, and not a piece of foam that has been cut with a pair of scissors, till it looked like a fifty pence piece. so there you have it................all sorted.. :thumbsup:

If it was mine I'd relocate it under the cover where it was out of sight and less likely to get hit by a piece of errant luggage :)