Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is It ?

Ikelos

a photo of the car.........

10thanniversarymodel.jpg

That does look fanatstic in white with the black wheels.

My T Spirit in Blizzard Pearl is here in 3 weeks, apparently. Does it come with more toys?

Chris

Hi, and thanks.

it comes with all leather, and dark windows at the back and rear sides, and of course the 17inch black wheels, well a sort of grey black..... it has skirts at the front, sides and rear............I keep calling it white, but it is pearl white........

Ikelos,

Your car looks great. I would recommend you get side mouldings for it ASAP before some idiot bumps your doors. I had mine done at Toyota dealer £118 including everything. I did not have the mouldings sprayed the same colour as the car. I kept them black. My Prius is pearl white and the black mouldings set it off nicely.

as we thought, it is the reversing sensors sound thingy, the dealer rang this morning to see how it was all going, I asked him what the blue bit over the end of it was for, and he said, they put that on so it is not too load, so I went out and peeled it off. should it be too load, then I will recover it with a proper disk, and not a piece of foam that has been cut with a pair of scissors, till it looked like a fifty pence piece. so there you have it................all sorted.. :thumbsup:

This sounds very suspicious to me. I wonder if the dealer didn't know how to fit it so fitted the sounder in the boot instead of hiding it. Then, being in the boot instead of hidden under the trim, it was too loud so they stuck a bit of foam over it.

My 2010 model has the protection pack and the only thing you can see is the small toggle switch in the boot. With the sounder in its exposed position I would be very worried about it being hit by luggage. If it was mine I would take it back and ask the dealer to instal it properly.

Incidentally, I didn't know the switch existed until the system stopped working one day. I rang the dealer and they asked if I had been carrying anything unusual in the boot recently, which I had. They then told me about the switch and stayed on the phone while I found it - and turned it on again. The fastest repair I've ever had. :)

EDIT: I started to get curious where my sounder actually was so just been out and removed the lighting access panel and found the sounder just behind it. Looking again at the picture of yours the sounder is mounted just where my switch is. Where have they put your switch?

Hi.

just been out and had a look, I can find no switch on mine, without pulling it off the trim I am not sure if they have just stuck it on. I have taken the blue bit off the end. the wire is not that long, but I guess a longer piece of wire could be cut and pasted in. and then, if there is enough room, put behind the trim..

tomorrow it will be lay down in the boot. and see what can be done...........I realize the car is not a week old yet, but this sort of thing is a DIY job. :crybaby:

Ikelos,

Your car looks great. I would recommend you get side mouldings for it ASAP before some idiot bumps your doors. I had mine done at Toyota dealer £118 including everything. I did not have the mouldings sprayed the same colour as the car. I kept them black. My Prius is pearl white and the black mouldings set it off nicely.

Absolutely agree, the side mouldings may well be a personal choice, some like them, some don't, but IMO they are essential.

I would never ever put a switch in the luggage space of a vehicle. Learned that the hard way, put a cutout switch in the back of a Granada I had. A suitcase hit it one day and turned the power off, luckily I had just come off a pretty slow roundabout with a layby a few yards away. And that was a proper rotary switch, not a simple toggle which would obviously be even easier to activate. Sounds like lazy installation to me, they can't be bothered to run wires all the way back to the dashboard where Toyota left a few blank switch plates for just this sort of thing.

I would never ever put a switch in the luggage space of a vehicle. Learned that the hard way, put a cutout switch in the back of a Granada I had. A suitcase hit it one day and turned the power off, luckily I had just come off a pretty slow roundabout with a layby a few yards away. And that was a proper rotary switch, not a simple toggle which would obviously be even easier to activate. Sounds like lazy installation to me, they can't be bothered to run wires all the way back to the dashboard where Toyota left a few blank switch plates for just this sort of thing.

With the car I got an instruction manual for the parking aid that clearly shows(in 15 languages) that the switch is in the boot. The book does say that the switch is optional and is used to cancel the alarm if you have a trailer. It may be that in Ikelos' case they left it off which would be very sensible as towing is not recommended with the Prius.

I'd say Toyota dropped off here then. A switch in the boot is just daft...in my most humble opinion :)

But then, I think their current policy of supplying cars without a spare wheel is pretty stupid as well...

the thingy was indeed stuck on, and the wire was about a foot long, so I un-stuck it, and re-stuck it on the inside, away from the rear of the bulbs, pushed the surplus wire down inside re-fitted the cover..............all sorted. :thumbsup:

oh, and no switch anywhere.................

I have front and rear parking sensors and the buzzer for them is actually inside the car - affixed neatly to the frame of the nearside rear quarter light. I have never found it too loud.

There is no switch for the rear sensors as far as I am aware, but the front sensors can be switched off by a switch low down on the dash - most useful in heavy rain when the raindrops tend to generate random bleeps.

The system is not as good as the one I had in the Lexus IS250, where a dash display indicator showed which sensor was closest to the obstruction being sensed, but I do find it very helpful.

The reverse sensor switch is OPTIONAL, so having a car that does not tow means you dont really need a switch. Putting a vehicle kill switch in the boot is plain daft, but putting a reverse sensor switch in there is hardly going to be an issue if it gets switched off by something accidently

Kingo :thumbsup:

as you say, no need for a switch in the boot for the rear parking sensors, in fact can not see the need for any sort of switch, although I have them fitted, does one really need them, seeing as we have the camera on the back. as for the front sensors, I read thay always come with a switch, because in traffic they would be going off all the time.

as for the front sensors, I read thay always come with a switch, because in traffic they would be going off all the time.

No they dont work all the time, they are speed sensitive and dont operate over a certain speed

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Having been looking at the prius for some time now and buying one only last week ('08 T Spirit) I did see a model in the US that had a portable fridge plugged into a 12v socket in the boot. That would be something like a cotton reel size.

I am sure sensors on the front would be a lot better than those I have on the back, we have the camera for the back, but with the long bonnet most of the time we are not sure if it is almost touching or miles away..... :unsure: