Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Tyres

woodywonka

Hello All

As this is going to be my first winter driving my 2005 rav4 diesel and i,m needing new tyres anyway has anyone got any recommendations or preferences. taking in to consideration of course I am up here in Scotland where the weather is a wee bit harsher

Woody

Hello All

As this is going to be my first winter driving my 2005 rav4 diesel and i,m needing new tyres anyway has anyone got any recommendations or preferences. taking in to consideration of course I am up here in Scotland where the weather is a wee bit harsher

Woody

Woody...contact Bluevortex, who had a set of mint wheels and winter tyres for sale, if you wanted both winter and all weather facilities.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

I saw the post of 'winter tyres' and it just made me think of my idiot cousin. Last winter he had what he thought was a bright idea, he got 2 winter tyres and put them on his vectra, along with the other 2 normal tyres that he kept on. He actually told me I should do that for the next winter, I said no way. Common sense would tell you all 4 tyres have to be the same for grip etc.

I saw the post of 'winter tyres' and it just made me think of my idiot cousin. Last winter he had what he thought was a bright idea, he got 2 winter tyres and put them on his vectra, along with the other 2 normal tyres that he kept on. He actually told me I should do that for the next winter, I said no way. Common sense would tell you all 4 tyres have to be the same for grip etc.

If they were on the fronts, the driving wheels, Lorna, maybe he wasn't that daft....? Still wouldn't mix them myself, though...could end up driving an Old Bangor....get it....?

Big Kev :lol:

If they were on the fronts, the driving wheels, Lorna, maybe he wasn't that daft....? Still wouldn't mix them myself, though...could end up driving an Old Bangor....get it....?

Big Kev :lol:

Kev, if you read your handbook for your Toyota it tells you to use the winter tyres on all 4 wheels. It also says that if you're replacing a tyre, use one of the same quality/type. RAC/AA websites say to use 4 winter tyres, not 2.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links