Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harwood's Audio Guide!

Harwood

reckon this could be stickied in the audio section.

I know there's already a couple of guides on here but I think this would make a good first point of call :)

hmm i don't mean to be ungrateful or anything because you've taken the time to write this up where I haven't however I have many issues with that, after a skim reading...generally sound though :)

hmm i don't mean to be ungrateful or anything because you've taken the time to write this up where I haven't however I have many issues with that, after a skim reading...generally sound though :)

go on.. :)

go on.. :)

Its fine for noob guide i suppose it gets the general idea across.

Only thing is its very opinionated , like bass boost for example ,some people like me like it loud ,and if they dont have massive subs like i do ,there happy with that little button.

Also the buy cheap buy twice thing,yes its the general consensus .you should also point out shop sales shouldnt be taken into account ,but brands should be.Unless it comes to wiring ,you just get the best you can afford .I got my 1800watt rated kit for 19quid of eBay ,but bassjunkies wanted 5quid a METERE .When i did buy that earth cable of them ,they said there was no difference between that one and the one in the eBay kit.

In other words its good to keep an eye out for bargains and not rush purchases if your on a budget.

Its fine for noob guide i suppose it gets the general idea across.

Only thing is its very opinionated , like bass boost for example ,some people like me like it loud ,and if they dont have massive subs like i do ,there happy with that little button.

Also the buy cheap buy twice thing,yes its the general consensus .you should also point out shop sales shouldnt be taken into account ,but brands should be.Unless it comes to wiring ,you just get the best you can afford .I got my 1800watt rated kit for 19quid of ebay ,but bassjunkies wanted 5quid a METERE .When i did buy that earth cable of them ,they said there was no difference between that one and the one in the ebay kit.

In other words its good to keep an eye out for bargains and not rush purchases if your on a budget.

bass boost is just like turning your bass on your EQ up as far as it will go. would you do it? no, i wouldn't either.

putting too much bass through Speakers, especially using the bass boost feature makes sound distort, and can cause the Speakers themselves to clip if turned up too much, that's why i say to turn it off.

why buy a kit off eBay, then go back to bass junkies for the earth cable? surely an off-cut of the eBay power cable would have done? saying that, i don't really rate bass junkies myself.

Yes i know what bass boost does , so does everyone .i dont use it because i have 2x 12inch subs .Not everyone has subs , so some people will use it .its obvious that he will distort the sound ,especially on the standard Speakers.Some people like the extra kick ,thats there choice to make .

as for the earth cable , i have 2 amps , you get one cable in the kit,i forgot to order a seperate earth . as i was in wolves at the time i thought why not

Good write up, good work, unfortunately you can't satisfy everyone, don't worry about the moaners hopefully this will help many people.

Good write up, good work, unfortunately you can't satisfy everyone, don't worry about the moaners hopefully this will help many people.

cheers mate. :thumbsup:

I don't have any intentions yet to do an ICE build yet, but this is certainly some sound advice to use should I go down that route!

just as a head's up guys there are some amazingly helpful people at this site here:

Talk Audio

it's UK based and the people there really know there stuff.

they helped me a lot when doing my recent false floor build (see my build thread)

definitely worth a check-out.

Mods, I hope it's ok to link to another forum? :)

I found the guide very helpful!

Just a question I'm looking at getting a mutant 12" bass pack from Halfords. It was 180 now it's 90. Is there much difference between the active subs and separate sub and amp?!

Im running it all through a JVC KW-AVX840 with some pretty cheap edge component Speakers up front.

i agree with pimpchez, that's what i was refering to. some of the opinions are dressed up as facts which could mislead someone who is new to audio. Just for the record i'm not moaning, somethings which i'll point out in a subsequent post are incorrect. as i said, props to the original post cos he's taken the time to write this up whereas i haven't, but some things aren't correct.

good writeup mate, should be added as a pinned topic

;/ why are all his posts with a Sean Winning image and everything removed? ;/

probably because as usual, everyone is straight to jump on to whats wrong with it....same **** different topic. absolute waste of time this place if you want anything positive at all.

probably because as usual, everyone is straight to jump on to whats wrong with it....same **** different topic. absolute waste of time this place if you want anything positive at all.

Unfortunately true

Duck-Sauce-Charlie-Sheen-Spinstyles-Bi-Winning-Edit-1.jpg

Back to celica club uk i think.

Hey,

Just because some members have different views it doesn't mean you should remove yours.

The forum is about expressing and exchanging views , so please re-post your guide so other folk can see it and form their own opinion.

Duck-Sauce-Charlie-Sheen-Spinstyles-Bi-Winning-Edit-1.jpg

Back to celica club uk i think.

Hey,

Just because some members have different views it doesn't mean you should remove yours.

The forum is about expressing and exchanging views , so please re-post your guide so other folk can see it and form their own opinion.

+1 its meant to be an open discussion