Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Revving At Idle

tonnoir

Hi folks.

I've just purchased a 2008 Auris TR 1.4 VVT-i. On way home from the dealers I noticed that when I stopped at traffic lights etc and the car was idling in neutral

the revs started to increase by themselves.

Is this a fault or normal for an Auris. I haven't owned a Toyota before.

regards

tonnoir.

Hi folks.

I've just purchased a 2008 Auris TR 1.4 VVT-i. On way home from the dealers I noticed that when I stopped at traffic lights etc and the car was idling in neutral

the revs started to increase by themselves.

Is this a fault or normal for an Auris. I haven't owned a Toyota before.

regards

tonnoir.

Why didn't you just go back to the dealer today when you got the car, instead of coming on home and looking up forums?

It helps if you can give them more info or chances are they'll just fob you off :unsure:

There have been a few people mentioning such things, although more Avensis and Corolla people...

If you can duplicate it, best thing is to take it back to the dealers and show them.

... On way home from the dealers I noticed that when I stopped at traffic lights etc and the car was idling in neutral

the revs started to increase by themselves...

I have the same engine as you have and the revs fluctuate at idle between 650 and 1000 rpm when the a.c. is switched on - 1000 when the compressor is started and 650 when isn't . When the a.c. is switched off, revs stays at 650. So, this is not a malfunction . :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your response tavy.

I've booked the car into the dealer for them to have a look and will post the outcome. In interim members can view a vid of the

erratic revving at link below.

Having the air con on/off made no difference. The revs fluctuate at idle from 800-900 up to 1100-1200. At no time does the car idle as low as 650.

regards

tonnoir.

Was going to say AC but see you mention that...

Let us know what dealer is going to say. The engine is warm and IMO the revs are to high already and should not increase even more.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

issue now resolved.

Dealer cleaned throttle body and did a "?? line" flush.

Car no longer revs on it's own and idle rests at 600rpm (without a/c).

Dealer said if the cleaning hadn't worked then a replacement throttle body would have been needed.

tonnoir.

• 9 years later...

I have put a new throttle body on car Auris 2008 1.6 and idol revs are 900 to 1000 is this normal? Have done a reset etc

If the car is up to operating temperature, and you have all auxiliaries off, lights,ac,music, etc, then it should idle at around 700 or so. The more things are on, the car idles a bit up to compensate. Depending on the lights, if they are xenon it might idle at 900 with them on.

• 3 weeks later...

So the car runs ok but when I stop and depress the clutch pedal the revs go down then up to 1100rpm then settles back to 950, it threw a code P0505 today , any one have any ideas as to what is causing this. I have checked every thing on the engine?????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links