Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Please!

etihad

Right, my compressor is up for sale! However, if i don't get the asking price i won't sell it. This leaves me with 2 options. I have saved up £500 for a TTE Bumper, but now am thinking is it actually worth £500??. I'm thinking of a double din unit reverse camera GPS HD screen etc instead. Hower am stuck in the dilemma on which to go for, i really really do want the bumper, but is it worth £500? Plus it prone to scrapes etc. Advice plzz poeple!

Spend it on how it goes and stops first, how it looks second and then any fancy gizmos third. Glitzy bling toys and cameras would be near the bottom of my list personally, but each to there own.

Bumper would be my choice out of the two, make yours a bit different to others, and it'd be TTE, always good.

Right, my compressor is up for sale! However, if i don't get the asking price i won't sell it. This leaves me with 2 options. I have saved up £500 for a TTE Bumper, but now am thinking is it actually worth £500??. I'm thinking of a double din unit reverse camera GPS HD screen etc instead. Hower am stuck in the dilemma on which to go for, i really really do want the bumper, but is it worth £500? Plus it prone to scrapes etc. Advice plzz poeple!

i bought a tte bumper for £140 last week... obviously needs painting etc.. id personally spend the money on a really good 2 din unit. i have one from eBay and i love it and everyone who gets in the car loves it, especially the camera.. good for pub bragging. since you spend most time inside a car anyways id always make changes you want in there before doing exterior stuff.. but thats just me

The thing is i can getba double din anytime, but the bumper is limited stock only. Arggh i cant make my mind up. Lol

The thing is i can getba double din anytime, but the bumper is limited stock only. Arggh i cant make my mind up. Lol

Is it going to cost you £500 for an unsprayed new bumper?? Or is that like fully fitted and sprayed... Cause if you can get it cheaper unsprayed why not buy one so you have piece of mind of not losing out lol.. Then with the left over get a DVD screen and save up to get the bumper sprayed in a few months?? Then you get everything!

And! Whilst you wait for the bumper to be sprayed as I'm discovering it does make an amazing addition to the end of the bed and you can pretend you're sleeping in a corolla.. My partner hates me more and more each day though...

No, bumper will cost around £420, £50 for spray, and fitting I can do myself. So everything it will £470ish. I was actually bidding on your bumper, but the guy selling it said it didn't come with fog lights or sticker so i thought I might aswell get a new one :blink:

No, bumper will cost around £420, £50 for spray, and fitting I can do myself. So everything it will £470ish. I was actually bidding on your bumper, but the guy selling it said it didn't come with fog lights or sticker so i thought I might aswell get a new one :blink:

Fogs I'm either going to somehow get mine on there... Or he actually had a good suggestion to turn them into a couple of air feeds which sounded cool!

Well you seem more excited by the idea of a tte bumper so might as well go for that! Like you said DVD units will always be about and if anything will get cheaper

Tte bumpers will get rarer, more expensive and end up with dodgy fakes being made

Still a lot of money to spend on a bumper though! Lol

Bumper ftw!, do you really need a parking assistant? or would you rather the car looking unique?

i get so many people ask me about the car especially the bumper as theyve never seen it before, i just came back from trax tonite and someone offered to swap the car for a civic> he withdrew that immeaditly when i told him it was a 1.4 lol

im tempeted to sell mine as my new projects nearly done

Bumper ftw!, do you really need a parking assistant? or would you rather the car looking unique?

i get so many people ask me about the car especially the bumper as theyve never seen it before, i just came back from trax tonite and someone offered to swap the car for a civic> he withdrew that immeaditly when i told him it was a 1.4 lol

im tempeted to sell mine as my new projects nearly done

you selling the bumper mate?

Looks like I'll be ordering the bumper tomorrow then :yes:

My vote would go for the bumper, it makes the car more unique!

Saw your car for sale online, it's mint. :thumbsup:

i'd get the double din. What good is a bumper to look at when you are driving? sat nav/gps/mp3's are more useful IMO

Yeah probably getting bumper mate. Btw you offering? Lol

I nearly bought a compressor last year from another member on here but decided against it. The reason being that 95 RON is the main petrol type available in Ireland. Only one brand of petrol station (Maxol) sells E5 (99 RON) and I would hate to be running on empty and nowhere near a maxol station. I couldnt go down the route of having a box of octane boosters in the boot either! A few friends of mine do that with their Evos but they are only weekend cars so it isnt sure a chore then! :rolleyes:

i'd get the double din. What good is a bumper to look at when you are driving? sat nav/gps/mp3's are more useful IMO

Good point but I'm shallow so its on the outside that counts :lol:

I nearly bought a compressor last year from another member on here but decided against it. The reason being that 95 RON is the main petrol type available in Ireland. Only one brand of petrol station (Maxol) sells E5 (99 RON) and I would hate to be running on empty and nowhere near a maxol station. I couldnt go down the route of having a box of octane boosters in the boot either! A few friends of mine do that with their Evos but they are only weekend cars so it isnt sure a chore then! :rolleyes:

Yeah i know what you mean mate. Tbh i'd rather spend money on a bumper than a double din, but it's not cheap so just weighing up the options. Plus if i keep the car and sell it in the future, i don't think the bumper will add to the price? Then again will a double din unit?

Yeah i know what you mean mate. Tbh i'd rather spend money on a bumper than a double din, but it's not cheap so just weighing up the options. Plus if i keep the car and sell it in the future, i don't think the bumper will add to the price? Then again will a double din unit?

I dont think it will add to value unless you can sell it to another Toyota enthusiast? You could keep the original t-sport bumper, put it back on before you sell and sell the TTE bumper on this forum? I'm thinking of putting my car back to standard (remove HIDs, get it unremapped etc) before I sell it next year as I'm hoping it will make it easier to sell?

What car is it bud?

55 plate Corolla E12 3 door 1.4 D-4D. Replacement will prob be a Golf GTD :rolleyes:

Why not a golf GTTDI mate?

Does anybody know any good paint shops in Leeds/Yorkshire. I need to paint my TTE bumper. I need to get the paint colour spot on, so need a good body paint shop please

Why not a golf GTTDI mate?

Does anybody know any good paint shops in Leeds/Yorkshire. I need to paint my TTE bumper. I need to get the paint colour spot on, so need a good body paint shop please

I'm sure that the Golf GTD is the replacement for the GTTDI? It's 170BHP and can be tuned up to 240BHP :rolleyes: Gona look something like this if I save up the pennies:

img2459h.jpg

Bumper, but I see i'm too late as you're looking for a paint shop.

24072011225.jpg

Bumper, but I see i'm too late as your'e looking for a paint shop.

24072011225.jpg

Yay mine should look like this once I get my bumper done!!! Look saaaawwweeeeeet

24072011225.jpg

Damnit!!!! That was the right colour too. Btw does the normal TS Badge fit in it? Or do you need to get another one?

24072011225.jpg

Damnit!!!! That was the right colour too. Btw does the normal TS Badge fit in it? Or do you need to get another one?

Ts one fits

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links