Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Looked At.......but Bought The Avensis

Allyjon

Thought I might enquire as to what other vehicles others looked at before buying their current avensis.

I looked at a Mazda 6 and didn't like the cheap feel inside and it didn't look well built either so I went for my T Spirit instead.

A decision I've never regretted.

I also looked at the Mazda and thought the same, Insignia I liked but preferred the more relaxed drive of the Avensis, it also seemed like the Vauxhall dealership did not care whether they sold a car or not.

The VW Passat was much pricier with a similar spec to my T4.

Happy with my purchase I love the comfort and quietness of my car which has been to France twice in a year.

SAAB 93 Turbo (Hatchback not sport saloon). Regret it all the time but for some reason I do not want to sell the Avensis!

I too looked at the Mazda 6, and also found the interior to be cheap and tacky. Not at all interested in Fords, Vauxhalls, French or Italian cars, but as I wanted a 4 door saloon the only other I might have considered would have been a BMW 3 series, but far too pricey.

Don't know much about Kia's or Hyundai's, but suppose they might be worth a look these days.

More than happy with my dear Avensis though, our 9th Toyota (7 Corollas, 2 Avensis).

I also looked at the Mazda 6. Mainly because my wife had bought one just a few months previously. It isn't *that* cheap and tacky inside, and it still hasn't developed any rattles.

Then I bought an Avensis 1.8 T4 and haven't regretted it.

But I would like my wife's Mazda 2.5 petrol engine in my Avensis.

Well I done a lot of reserch on the cars before buying them.

My shortlisted ones were:

Honda Accord

Toyota Avensis

Vauxhall Vectra

Mazda 6

Saab 9-3 Sports Saloon

I looked at every aspect, not only the interior, exterior, but insurances, repairs and common problems.

My conculsions were

Saab 9-3: good to have but you should have plenty of money if you come across any issues. (my friend has one and having troubles, he used to laugh on japanese cars but I laught at him now. He is going to sell his car soon.)

Mazda 6: As all of you already mentioned above plus my experience with mazda's engines is not very good.

Vectra: Loved the shaped of it, but dull interior and forums are full of EGR issues + many more issues.

Finally Honda accord and Toyota Avensis both of them were very high on reliability index and TBH honda accord was far more reliable according to statistics.

BUT, as there is always a but, Honda had majority of engine issues and heavy oil drinking habbits + insurance and repairs costs were high.

Although avensis was slightly low on reliability index but statistics of warranty direct showed far less engine issues compared to Accord.

And finally I tested both of them and found there was more leg room for rear passangers in Avensis compared to Honda.

Bingo, Avensis bought with FTH and no regrets.

:thumbsup:

My shorlist was this:

Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Bluemotion 2007

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium 2008

Mercedes E Class 220CDI Clissic 2003

Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D Luna 2004.

I bought Toyota because of relatively small mileage, its good shape, and reliability that I am listening all the time.

I was looking at Honda Accords as well Avensis's when I was looking to buy my current car.

I was looking at 2.0 petrols for both. I went for the Avensis as it was better specced for the money and has cheaper insurance.

To be honest, I do regret my decision and wish I'd gone for the Honda as the they're better looking and the 2.0 VTEC is bullet proof.

I was looking at Honda Accords as well Avensis's when I was looking to buy my current car.

I was looking at 2.0 petrols for both. I went for the Avensis as it was better specced for the money and has cheaper insurance.

To be honest, I do regret my decision and wish I'd gone for the Honda as the they're better looking and the 2.0 VTEC is bullet proof.

You wish, my client who has accord 2.0 Vtec drinks oil like cocacola....

he has to add about 300-400 ml every 3-4k.

You wish, my client who has accord 2.0 Vtec drinks oil like cocacola....

he has to add about 300-400 ml every 3-4k.

100ml per 1k miles is nothing. My Avensis goes through about a litre in 4-5k miles.

The VTEC wouldn't suffer from stupid low idle problems and jerkiness when cold either.

like everything in life, 'the grass is always greener on the other side' except for my avensis.

I dont think there is another car on the market id want instead of my T spirit 2.2.

sure there are faster and more sporty cars but i just laugh at how much they must spend on fuel.

Avensis are big, sturdy, reliable, economical and great to drive. most taxi drivers that have an octavia always tell me they wish they had got the avensis :yahoo:

like everything in life, 'the grass is always greener on the other side' except for my avensis.

I dont think there is another car on the market id want instead of my T spirit 2.2.

sure there are faster and more sporty cars but i just laugh at how much they must spend on fuel.

Avensis are big, sturdy, reliable, economical and great to drive. most taxi drivers that have an octavia always tell me they wish they had got the avensis :yahoo:

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:.

(apart from the head gasket worries):unsure:.

Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links