Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hit With An Ugly Stick

markleigh

Saw my first Lexus CT200H today. From the front and front three-quarters views it looks OK. From the back and rear three-quarters view it looks, well, just plain ugly...

Lexus aren't known for clean, smooth designs... and this is up there with the best (worst) of them.

Or is it just me...

From the pictures it looks nice, but I'll reserve judgment until I see one in person:

ct200h.jpg

2011-lexus-ct-200h-4.jpg

2011-Lexus-CT-200h-02.jpg

A neighbour here has one & i have to say its a very nice looking car, front & rear.

Saw one today, in black. It looked very nice, but the owner I assume was a very young guy with too much money, because he drove the car like he stole it... or maybe that was the reason...

Any way, it looked good, wizzing off in the distance, zig zagging through the traffic.

I remain unconvinced by the styling, especially of the interior. The current Prius seems a much more cohesive design inside and out.

Had a quick drive in one a coupla weeks back, its certainly more sporty feeling that the prius, boot is tiny in comparison though, and rear seats more cramped. For me lugging my gigging gear about, Prius is Miles better!

i found the drive was very nice. The inside I like a lot.

What ever floats ya boat

Interior build and qualityis miles better

In terms of looks it's personal preference . I know loads of people that think Prius is ugly and until the gen 3 I was in agreement

I've test driven the CT200h.

The Lexus is sexier, but I much prefer the practicality of the Prius.

The one thing that I really looked for improvement in was the rear window, but, for me anyway, the rear view from the Lexus is no better than the Prius.

The rear visibility in the Auris HSD is better than both.

• 2 weeks later...

Much prefer the CT200h, bit surprised the op only recently saw one in the flesh they've been out for a while. I like it, though our next car is going to be an Evoque. Our experience with the cheap/nasty Prius really tarnished ever buying the Toyota brand again....

Yeah but who needs to worry about rear visibility when we have a reversing camera, one of THE best inventions in a car ever in my opinion?

I must say, I'm glad I went for a T Spirit instead of a T4, which was my longstanding intention. Anxiety about rear visibility was one of the issues that pushed me to go for the higher spec. The coloured guidelines that appear when the reverse camera is activated are brilliantly helpful.

Yeah but who needs to worry about rear visibility when we have a reversing camera, one of THE best inventions in a car ever in my opinion?

Agree! The reverse camera is the best thing since sliced bread and should be standard on all cars!

As to the beauth or not of a car, a bit like women really IMO, one mans meat and all that!!

Whilst the reversing camera is useful when reversing, I do like having decent rear view visibility when going forward as well to be honest.

Whilst the reversing camera is useful when reversing, I do like having decent rear view visibility when going forward as well to be honest.

I know what you mean. For a general "whats behind me in terms of cars" view though, I find the lower glass ok.

I was spoiled in the Auris HSD loaner I had. Excellent rear visibility compared to the Prius. You could easily get away without a rear view camera in one of those.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links