Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Long Did Your Rav4 Battery Last?

junebug1701

My 2008 RAV4 was built in Japan and came equipped with a Furukawa Battery from the factory. It has "maintenance free" stickers over the cell caps and a "magic eye" next to the + terminal. This Battery started getting weak after less than 2 years of service. Symptoms were longer cranking times first thing in the morning or when the engine was cold. I tried putting the charger on it overnight and that seemed to help for a couple of days, then back to slow starting. While taking it to the dealer to get the rear defroster looked at, I asked that they load test the Battery. It failed the test so they replaced it with a Toyota battery warrantied for 84 months. So the battery lasted from November of 2008 to December of 2010.

How long did your OEM battery last?

My 2008 RAV4 was built in Japan and came equipped with a Furukawa battery from the factory. It has "maintenance free" stickers over the cell caps and a "magic eye" next to the + terminal. This battery started getting weak after less than 2 years of service. Symptoms were longer cranking times first thing in the morning or when the engine was cold. I tried putting the charger on it overnight and that seemed to help for a couple of days, then back to slow starting. While taking it to the dealer to get the rear defroster looked at, I asked that they load test the battery. It failed the test so they replaced it with a Toyota battery warrantied for 84 months. So the battery lasted from November of 2008 to December of 2010.

How long did your OEM battery last?

hello

mine has serviced 3,5 years

cheers

Battery life generqlly depends on the treatment it gets. Short journeys and the cold kill a Battery quickly... Having said that my wife for 14 years had 2 Suzuki Alto's, 7 years each, and never had a new Battery, or trouble starting, in either of them and both of them did mainly short'ish journeys.

Both of my RAVs are the original petrol engine 1994 models with the worlds smallest car Battery. If left sitting, both batteries go flat within 3 weeks; both batteries have been replaced a number of times and the original Battery on one lasted about 3 years.

Having said that, the OEM Battery on the Previa I bought new lasted 8 years.

Rav4 2004 diesel XTD D-4D manual.

Had to replace Battery May 2011.

Paid £90 at Hodgson Gateshead.

2004 XT3

66,181 Miles

Still on the original Battery and still going strong

(Why do I get this feeling im going to regret saying this :unsure:)

2004 XT3

66,181 Miles

Still on the original battery and still going strong

(Why do I get this feeling im going to regret saying this :unsure:)

At least you get a friends and family discount at yer Daddy's big Shops, Chris....!!!!

Big Kev :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links