Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supagard

Ikelos

Hi all. has any one had the supagard put on their paintwork. I have just been told you get a certificate to say it has been done :unsure:

I have it on mine, so they say, but no certificate, only the price on the bill.

Thanks

I had it done some years ago on an Avensis, can't remember if I got a certificate but did get a 'top up' pack.

On my current Prius I had gard-x done, similar sort of thing and did get a certificate AND a top up pack.

Tony.

thanks they did give me a few bottles of tyre, alloy cleaner, bird mess remover, and sponge, and trim cleaner,all from supagard, but no certificate.....

Hi all. has any one had the supagard put on their paintwork. I have just been told you get a certificate to say it has been done :unsure:

I have it on mine, so they say, but no certificate, only the price on the bill.

Thanks

Yes Ikelos, I had it done on my new Auris HSD [A half price carrot on buying the car], have just checked my docs - can't find a certificate, but have an invoice from the dealer, a 'Comlimentary After Care Pack' and I did have a sticker on my windscreen but lost that when I recently had to have a new one. :ffs:

Can only suggest you check it out with your dealer. :help:

Cheers TerryB

I have had it done in the past but did not get a certificate.

Frankly the stuff is just not worth it. You can buy much cheaper products that do as good a job.

If you really want Supagard then buy it off of eBay, you will be stunned as to how much you will save :yes:

I disagree entirely frankly. I had it on my Prius and it makes cleaning the car really easy. Perhaps your time isn't worth much but mine is and having it applied by my dealer coupled with the time it saves me in cleaning time which I can spend in a more profitable pursuit is worth every penny.

thanks all.

just had a look and there is a small round sticker on the windscreen, about the size of a two pence piece..............

I had it done for free on my 2010 T4 and along with window sticker have a certificate with date and terms in glove box.

My wife recently took delivery of new Aygo Go and we opted not to have because I clean the cars once a week and generally take good care of our cars, if you are not the sort of person who enjoys caring for your car then probably a good idea to have it done.

Had my Prius done when I bought it in 2005. Received the pack of cleaning materials but nothing else, no certificate or sticker. The car is easy to wash, whether that's due to the Supagard or because I clean it regularly and keep it garaged I don't really know.

I got the cleaning pack, Windscreen sticker and there was a card telling you all about the treatment and not recommending automatic car washes. I also had loss of keys renewal free for a year. Cannot recall a certificate.

I had my car covered in G techiq C1 crystal lacquer which cost plenty and shrugs off the dirt. On the other hand one side had to be resprayed and wasn't re-coated and after 2 months I can't see any difference :huh:

I disagree entirely frankly. I had it on my Prius and it makes cleaning the car really easy. Perhaps your time isn't worth much but mine is and having it applied by my dealer coupled with the time it saves me in cleaning time which I can spend in a more profitable pursuit is worth every penny.

I totally disagree and prefer to make sure my car is clean with better and cheaper products..... I say.... Supagard is too expensive and frankly does not live up to the hype.

As for my time.... it is worth as much as anyone else's and possibly a lot more than some ;)

I totally disagree and prefer to make sure my car is clean with better and cheaper products..... I say.... Supagard is too expensive and frankly does not live up to the hype.

As for my time.... it is worth as much as anyone else's and possibly a lot more than some ;)

Children, children..... We all have our reasons for either having supaguard or equivalent done or not done... My own thoughts on it are that having my cars sprayed in sea water sometimes on the Isle of Wight ferry something was needed and a dealer applied solution has been my answer for the last 4 of my cars... Certainly that coupled with autoglym products have kept my cars like new, whether they wold have been in the same condition without supaguard/gard-x I don't know but....

We had the wife's Yaris and my HSD Supaguarded and they're both very easy to clean, whether it be a quick squirt down with water, or a proper clean using Autoglym products.

Ive followed this debate on other sites. The key seems to me, does it work, and is it better than one coat of top polish followed by a wax?

It is cheap on eBay. Is it worth the £10-20 for the whole show, or is autoglym better?

Before winter I want to give my T3 the business. Which one to choose?

on the bill the charge for supagard was £350, which they took off the bill. not sure I would have paid that amount. although the car is brand new, supagard and the rear parking sensors, were fitted before I got it, so both were supplied free. and to place my order on the 15th July and took delivery on the 26th July. I can only guess someone else could not go through with it..................some you win, some you lose..............

on the bill the charge for supagard was £350, which they took off the bill. not sure I would have paid that amount. although the car is brand new, supagard and the rear parking sensors, were fitted before I got it, so both were supplied free. and to place my order on the 15th July and took delivery on the 26th July. I can only guess someone else could not go through with it..................some you win, some you lose..............

£350.00 sounds like the showroom pack which includes fitted Mud Flaps and car mats as well as the supagard treatment inside and outside the car.

no mud flaps, and the carpet mats were £60 inc vat, which I did pay for. in fact delivery was £659, number plates £44.40.and the white paint job was £625.

no mud flaps, and the carpet mats were £60 inc vat, which I did pay for. in fact delivery was £659, number plates £44.40.and the white paint job was £625.

Then £350.00 is very expensive!

But in essence, if you did it yoursel;f with a £15ish eBay package is it any good?

How long does it last till beadding goes off?

£15 and it does the same job as a professional firm would do????? I think "Pay cheap regret later".

But in essence, if you did it yoursel;f with a £15ish ebay package is it any good?

How long does it last till beadding goes off?

Supagard is the same no matter where you buy it so don't pay any more than you really have to.... having it done by the dealership is a serious rip off!

£15 sounds good but you can do just as well by buying a decent silicone based product as they the same and for just as long :yes:

Don't fall for the pathetic hype that Supagard is the best.... it really is not :huh:

Hmm didn't get mudflaps on mine 6 years ago. Just a case full of cleaning fluids and a few tiny cloths.

£15 and it does the same job as a professional firm would do????? I think "Pay cheap regret later".

A professional firm ?, the dealers do it, they don't send it out to a "Professional" valet company. It's sometimes done by the workshop lackey and sometimes it's not even done at all, but still charged.

Speaking to a valeting lackey who worked at a main dealer (not Toyota BTW), he said basically you are paying for a wash and polish which you could have done at a hand car wash place for £15-£20 and the follow up kit. They used a bulk Polymer based polish and gave the customer one of the Supagard kits (like you see on eBay for £30) to use themselves to maintain the Guarantee.

I would never pay hundreds of pounds for something I can't see, like the Emperor's new clothes.

A professional firm ?, the dealers do it, they don't send it out to a "Professional" valet company. It's sometimes done by the workshop lackey and sometimes it's not even done at all, but still charged.

Speaking to a valeting lackey who worked at a main dealer (not Toyota BTW), he said basically you are paying for a wash and polish which you could have done at a hand car wash place for £15-£20 and the follow up kit. They used a bulk Polymer based polish and gave the customer one of the Supagard kits (like you see on eBay for £30) to use themselves to maintain the Guarantee.

I would never pay hundreds of pounds for something I can't see, like the Emperor's new clothes.

You can tell if its been done in two ways:-

1. The car paintwork feels silky smooth, far smoother that an untreated car does.

2. Its very easy to clean and stays clean with dirt just falling away when it rains. Its almost a self cleaning car!

I am really pleased with the treatment on my new Prius. It does what they said it would do, it keeps the car bodywork in show room condition with very little effort from me. That's what I payed for becuase I don't want to spend half a day cleaning and waxing a car which in the long run results in swirl marks, damaged paintwork and a gradual reluctance to do the job at all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links