Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt5 Without A Spare Wheel?

webleymk3

Just spotted an XT5 without a spare wheel? It's the only one like it I've seen. What year did this happen??

My neighbour has an 11 plate top of the range Rav which also has no spare wheel. He has a tyre repair kit instead.. No Runflats....

Wee Charlie

Don,t think they ever did a XT5 without a spare wheel on the back. Toyota did the XT3,4,5 with spare on back when 4.3 was first introduced, they then discontinued the XT variations and we got the XTR and T180 (became SR180). The early versions of the XTR did have the spare on the back door,but that was only for a short while and was superseded with one (XTR) without the spare on back door. I might be wrong but I am absolutely sure this was the model history for the 4.3 version

Regards Clare

EDIT they did run the XTR at the same time as the XT3,4,5 it was a upgraded XT3. I think this was done by Toyota as a cost cutting exercise to replace the XT3,4,5 as it eventually did.I,m sure Anch,s can fill us in with the relavent info if I am wrong.

Sorry Clare I think all XT5 came with no spare wheel from 2008 onwards..I am sure thread is a thread kicking about somewhere on this here forum of me being educated to this fact. XTR is an XT4 minus the leather and spare wheel. But plus bluetooth and window tint and some other bling. I had an XT4 ad then XTR with leather added... Love the bluetooth and quite like the sensible tint on back widaes... but I still miss the spare, though...

Sorry Clare I think all XT5 came with no spare wheel from 2008 onwards..I am sure thread is a thread kicking about somewhere on this here forum of me being educated to this fact. XTR is an XT4 minus the leather and spare wheel. But plus bluetooth and window tint and some other bling. I had an XT4 ad then XTR with leather added... Love the bluetooth and quite like the sensible tint on back widaes... but I still miss the spare, though...

Strangely enough, that's the part of Funnerburd Wan I dislike the MOSTEST.....those drug dealer windaes at the back...!!!!

Clean Living Kev :thumbsup:

Must admit I don't like Da Gangsta glass in My car either ...

Wee Charlie.

Just spotted an XT5 without a spare wheel? It's the only one like it I've seen. What year did this happen??

Hi Dave,

got my XT5 at the very end of March 2008 and it came WITHOUT a spare wheel. The brochure at the time said it would have one and the dealer put his hand up and said that he didn't know if it would come with or without a spare. Been carrying one in the boot ever since :wacko: If I personally had to put a date on the point where the spare wheel disappeared, I would say end of March 2008.

Fair enough. De gustibus non est disputandum, as they'd put it in Glaesgie these days... aparently... :)

Not too fussed at all abut the looks, Kev. It is that i feel more comfortable to leave my junk (my laptop bag, mainly) on the back seat when I pop oot... That said, i just had a look, and i think that dark back windows makes car lines look really nice on a black car.

Fair enough. De gustibus non est disputandum, as they'd put it in Glaesgie these days... aparently... :)

Oh! - the benefits of a classical education :yes:

Oh! - the benefits of a classical education :yes:

Be not impressed, Chris....he has only observed that the open top means of touristical transportation in Edinburgh (gustibus) is apparently not on strike (disputandum) this week.....nothing to see anyway......

Hiding Kev :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links