Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Else Seen This...

oldcodger

Hey,

Just seen a very nice motor tonight up in West Yorkshire.

Saw it coming up in the rear mirror, a big and beefy looking saloon, but as it got nearer the roar of the 4 exhausts, and I mean roar - almost spitting fire, was anything but saloon.

Side by side it did look very new, but the sound of the engine would make a Ferrari seem puny.

Couldn't see the driver but his reg was unmistakable AUSI UFO, and the car I assume was a Holden.. ?

Thought about giving him a head start at the lights, though it wouldn't have been fair to show him up, so I let him blast away... :yahoo:

Well I can dream can't I .... :lol:

Around here it's known as the Pontiac G8. Very nice car but quite rare since it was only offered in the 2008-2009 model year and then dropped when GM suspended the Pontiac brand:

800px-2008_Pontiac_G8_GT_sedan_01.jpg

Could have been a Vauxhaul Insignia VXR.. someone at work has one and on idle it's pretty loud let alone under load.. sounds pretty sweet!

It's a grey Vauxhall VXR8

B)

Yup, dark grey it was.

May be called Vauxhall here but believe they are basically Holden AU made ? (part of GM)

Surprised the driver is not regularly pulled by the police as the exhausts sounded more track ready than road, they were really crackling.

West Yorkshire's a big place...... where exactly did you see this? :lol:

Vauxhall/Holden = same thing different branding.

Vxr8's are the business though, oils of had a walkinshaw performance exhaust on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links