Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 17" Wheels For My Iq Today

afe

Today I got my new 17x7" wheels mounted on my IQ. I like the look and had feared that the ride would get quite rought, but it's not bad at all. Maybe I feel some bumps a bit more, but not much different from the original 16" wheels. The tires are Pirelli P Zero Nero 205/40R17 - on good roads they run smoother than the originals, but on rough roads I think they are a bit more noisy.

Overall, I like it :) What do you guys think?

6015038849_15d37fffd2_z.jpg

Toyota IQ IQ3 2010 by afeman, on Flickr

6015039513_08d2b558d5_b.jpg

/afe

• Like 1

Today I got my new 17x7" wheels mounted on my IQ. I like the look and had feared that the ride would get quite rought, but it's not bad at all. Maybe I feel some bumps a bit more, but not much different from the original 16" wheels. The tires are Pirelli P Zero Nero 205/40R17 - on good roads they run smoother than the originals, but on rough roads I think they are a bit more noisy.

/afe

Hi there

They look great very similar to my own. Be careful as like mine the spokes stick out a bit past the tyre and i have scraped the kerb on one side at the front.I put 18inch on mine 215/18/35.i found the ride to be a bit harder but then i had fitted lowering springs ( the original 25mm toyota ones) and the ride strangely improved no end.mega stable.

David

Looking lovely - colour really suits the rest of the car and picks out the dark headlamps etc!!

/afe

Hi its me again

Can you tell me the manufacturer and model of the wheels please

David

Hi,

I got them from an online store named bythjul.com and the rims are called SVF Le Mans - SVF is an acronym for Svenska Fälg (http://www.svenskafalg.se), but I seriously doubt they make their own wheels - they're problably imported from Asia and sold in different markets under different names. I'm sure these exact same wheels are sold in the UK, but with another name ...

I also think the online reseller recommended a non optimal tyre size - 205/45R17 or 215/40R17 should be closer to the original wheels according to my calculations, but I guess it doesn't matter that much (as the rolling diameter is within the legal limits for my car). I have however noticed that the speedometer seems to show a slightly higher speed with these (according to my gps) than with the original 175/65R16.

Hi Anders

Thanks for your mail and the information. I think multi stoke wheels look the best for this car and I think yours were a very good choice. Your 205's fit well inside the wheel arch where as mine are 7.5 inches and stick out a bit at the front.As for the speedo, It is not a linear unit and you would have found that even on your original tyres at about 80 miles per hour for speedo would have been showing about 5miles per hour faster than actual by your gps. Its handy in a way helps you keep your speed within the law.. Here is a picture of my wheel its a Extreme 215/18/35 chrome and graphite

David

post-109788-0-41360900-1313045127_thumb.

I'm considering lowering mine with the 25mm original Toyota kit, but since we actually have real winters here with serious amounts of snow (compared to what you got in the UK) I have a feeling the higher ride height might be useful later :)

I'm considering lowering mine with the 25mm original Toyota kit, but since we actually have real winters here with serious amounts of snow (compared to what you got in the UK) I have a feeling the higher ride height might be useful later :)

Mmm difficult to say. On mine I first changed to 18inch 215 35 which stick out a bit at the front.The ride was worlds apart from the 15's I them lowered it and the handling improved no end. Today I went back to the originals because I am having one of the 18's repaired. So I am now on the originals with lowered springs. There sure is a difference to when I had just the originals not lowered. Lowered 18's215 is by far more stable and positive cornering. remember you have traction control. there is a video on youtube of the iQ on ice showing traction on and off. Big difference.

David

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the traction control will be useful, but since we sometimes get about 10 inches of snow (or more) overnight I think it's good with a car as high as possible :) I will still probably lower it though, since it simply looks better.

Here's another view of my car where you can see the wheels better:

6073704713_7dd67fabb5_b.jpg

Your car looks fantastic. Just told Lisa H to take a look at your pic's Have got my 18 inch wheels back on now so will take a pic tomorrow to show you. A couple of things i have done recently is changed the indicator bulbs for silver ones so you can't see the orange when their off (sad I know) and put the chrome bezel's around the fog lamps like you and changed the aerial to a shorter satin finish one.still working on my interior light project. should finish it soon.will try and put some pic's up tomorrow

David

• 9 years later...

Hi, your car looks spectacular! Awesome! Can you tell me what is the ET of the rims/wheels? Is the ET38? Thanks!!!

The topic is 9 years old !!

The OP last visited the club in 2013, so you are unlikely to get a reply. Move on.