Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Pedel Sticking

meltonlad

hope you guys can help !!!!

my clutch pedel has started to stick.. i can change gears with no problems but after changing gear it sticks and i have to lift it up with my foot. gear change is fine, no clutch slip.

is this the start of a problem ???? thanks peeps

still learning about toyotas but could just be the slave cylinder which cost like 25 n is pretty quick n simple to replace

hope you guys can help !!!!

my clutch pedal has started to stick.. i can change gears with no problems but after changing gear it sticks and i have to lift it up with my foot. gear change is fine, no clutch slip.

is this the start of a problem ???? thanks peeps

It may be the master cylinder as James mentions, but first check the simple stuff.

The clutch pedal itself, spray some lube, wd40 or similar onto its pivot bearing and linkage, and also check the return spring is doing its job not broken / weak / disconnected.

There is a plunger on the pedal assembly that goes into the clutch cylinder, these often squeak and a typical cure is a spray of white grease, which is rubber safe, down the plunger - it could be partly seized so the spring is not strong enough to return the pedal.

Your foot force when pressing down is a very high pressure, many times more than the force of the return spring

You can see all this above stuff better if you take out the two screws that hold the lower dash cover in place , Plus a good lamp or torch and someone to put your back into position when you have finished under there :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links