Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Avensis Tr

Nozzy62

Just bought this car with 17k on the clock from a Toyota dealer.Every now and then, when starting the car, I get a warning sign on the dash saying 'Check VSC'.Been back to a Toyota problem for a software update.Problem disappeared for a week, and has now re-surfaced.The car is under Toyota warranty.Any ideas or advice please? Anyone had the same problem? If so, what's the solution?

Thanks.

i also have this problem on my 2009 tr, but turn the car off and restart the fault clears so its difficult for toyota to fix.

Just bought this car with 17k on the clock from a Toyota dealer.Every now and then, when starting the car, I get a warning sign on the dash saying 'Check VSC'.Been back to a Toyota problem for a software update.Problem disappeared for a week, and has now re-surfaced.The car is under Toyota warranty.Any ideas or advice please? Anyone had the same problem? If so, what's the solution?

Thanks.

I had a problem were it gave Check VSC , Hand brake warning, etc when I paired a Nokia Phone to the car. It was solved by the fitting of an updated "Phone adaptor" under warranty. It was quite alarming as i paired the phone in a car park and all the warnings suddenly appeared.

Have you stalled the car at all?

When my car has been stalled, it remembers and some time later, may be a day or a fortnight, a VSC warning comes up. The way to clear it is turn the engine off & restart the engine.

VSC light came on once on my 2009 Avensis . It went off after i restarted the car but asked Toyota to check it out. They found i had a faulty brake actuator . Would of cost £900 plus ! if it wasnt in warranty .

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread. I was due to pay for and drive away my 2009 Avensis TR today, but after reading this thread I went equipped with my iPhone to test this problem out. Lo and behold seconds after registering my device, the bluetooth disconnected and the dashboard warning light came on and said "CHECK VSC SYSTEM" and "CHECK PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM". Turning the ignition off and back on and starting the engine and turning it off again didn't solve the problem. Neither did removing the bluetooth profile from the on-board computer.

Obviously I wasn't going to hand money over with this problem showing up, regardless of the chap doing the handover assuring me that it wouldn't affect the handling of the car. He even suggested that it was the Apple iPhone to blame and that I would need to sort out the bluetooth problem myself. Needless to say I wasn't at all impressed at that stance when 10 minutes previously he spoke about how Toyota replaced an entire engine costing £3000 even when it was out of warranty, because they like to keep their name as a reliable brand. Separating hyperbole from fact rarely happens so quickly, although this wasn't from a Toyota garage, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Although I would have really liked to have driven the car away today, I would rather have a fully-working car that doesn't have an on-board computer controlling core systems that will crash because a phone was attached.

I will ensure that I speak to the Toyota garage doing the checks to make sure that the Bluetooth adapter and the brake actuator are looked at as key suspects.

It's at times like these that I love the internet.

Thanks again.

post-111701-0-89624300-1313263183_thumb.

post-111701-0-88980900-1313263222_thumb.