Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq2 New Exhaust

tarquin

Hi everyone

Thought you might like to see my new exhaust I had fitted yesterday

I was going to take it to a stainless steel company in Oxford but by chance I went to the company I bought my wheels from and they were able to make me a bespoke system for £350 The company is in east London Nr Dagenham called Elite Tyres. I had a walk through and consulted through-out the process with choices of tail pipe etc. Their customer service is second to none.

David

post-109788-0-10665100-1312872353_thumb.

post-109788-0-31994800-1312872398_thumb.

post-109788-0-78759200-1312872451_thumb.

post-109788-0-76148700-1312872503_thumb.

Did you get any pictures from underneath whilst it was up on the ramps?

No sorry any reason

I think he is asking how it was done?

Mr Ben

Oh Ok,

The exhaust has been fitted the same way as the original exhaust from after the cat. The silencer sits in the same place as the original with-in the heat shield and hangs on the original hanger.It then travels towards the rear for about a foot then turns left and cuts across the pan of the storage tray then goes straight to the centre of the bumper.They provided another anchor just before it leaves the pan going to the bumper.There was a choice of tailpipes. There is a short piece of tubing welded on the tailpipe which is then clamped onto the rest of the exhaust so if required it can be changed for another style later. i have put some pic's up but light was low. They are quite good res so you can zoom if needed. ask any questions I will try to answer them. The reason for the fitting of a hanger on the pan was,if you look at the Blitz one it show's a hanger on a long thin rod . I was advised the stability would not be very good and after a time would be compromised .As for the exhaust "note" I think it sounds nice and I would say It has given the car just a little bit extra to pull onto a round-a-bout without getting wiped out.I am taking it back to Elite later in the week because i kissed the kerb with one of my wheels and they don't have them any more so will have to have it repaired. Will try to get better pic's when its on the ramps.

David

post-109788-0-34577900-1312913434_thumb.

post-109788-0-58807300-1312913479_thumb.

post-109788-0-65010600-1312913519_thumb.

post-109788-0-86918900-1312913565_thumb.

post-109788-0-65220300-1312913611_thumb.

post-109788-0-73004100-1312913642_thumb.

No sorry any reason

Yeah I was just wondering what the system looked like, more to an exhaust than tail pipes biggrin.gif looks good and doesn't sound a bad pricewink.gif

Good old Elite Tyres.

Been there years, and still one of the best. £350 does sound a good price as well.

From a repair point of view - are they sending it off? If they are, what price? There is a company I use for all my wheels, tyres etc in basildon called DGT International. THey use a company in Kent for all repairs called spit and polish. Very good job and are very well known, about £56 a wheel I think. Just another option if you ever need it.

Dan

Hi Dan

Many thanks for that. It's funny how the world goes round. Elite are sending it to Spit and Polish. Apparently they pick up from them on a saturday and return it on the following Wednesday. A rough quote was £74. The reason I believe is because the raised surface of the spoke part is highly polished, where the rest of the wheel is graphite.

post-109788-0-59467900-1312961926_thumb.

Hi Dan

Many thanks for that. It's funny how the world goes round. Elite are sending it to Spit and Polish. Apparently they pick up from them on a saturday and return it on the following Wednesday. A rough quote was £74. The reason I believe is because the raised surface of the spoke part is highly polished, where the rest of the wheel is graphite.

That is the same timescales DGT give as well. Good to know more then one company are using them. I guess you can understand the slight extra cost looking at the wheel aswell. They have to strip the whole wheel back to bare and then redo it, not just a case of a little touch up and job done.

I'll keep an ear out for the new exhaust too haha

Dan