Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitted Red Led's

Phil01

Got round to fitting red illumination into the centre heater panel today, huge improvement over the dull green.

file-77.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

• Phil01

• corollat3sport

• noedel

eBay seller mate, great led with no hot spots and very uniform light spread, nice and bright, 5xT4 and 3xT5 in red, good seller and communicator.

And he ships from the UK, not HK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190560760681&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2063wt_1139

Actually I lie about fitting these LED's, it was infact my 15 yr old son that removed the centre panel and dismantled it, fitted all the led;s and made sure they were all working properly before re-assembly as he knows that leds are polarity sensitive.

Where are they powered from? Cigerette lighter? Are they on all the time or just when you turn on the car lights?

Do they just pop out and straight back in for changing?

That looks awesome :thumbsup:

Well done I like that a lot, I may look at doing my E11.

Were they direct replacement bulbs ?

@ abzjason, I am talking about the centre dash heater illumination.

The footwell LED's are red strips that I took the feed from the glove box pin switch and come on t=with side lights.

@ eddieinvader, yes a simple take out and replace,

@paulinho T, yes a direct replacement, but make sure you install then the right way round as they are polarity sensitive, done mine when it was getting slightly dusk as then you can see when they work. In reality it should take you no longer than 30mins from start to finish.

Phil

as in "puddle light", no not fitted any yet,

Got round to fitting red illumination into the centre heater panel today, huge improvement over the dull green.

file-77.jpg

That looks amazing.Liking a lot :yahoo:

That looks awesome :thumbsup:

Well done I like that a lot, I may look at doing my E11.

quote]

Paul,do the E11 so I can see what they would look like in one of those :yes:

Would like to do mine but,my cars dark blue so would use blue leds.

Like the idea of puddle lights too :thumbsup:

Ah my apologies, thought it was the footwell lights. Didn't read the title properly :unsure:

Either way, it all looks very good. :thumbsup:

Dear Phil01

I have a 2006 hatch with the same centre control panel as yours...can you please explain exactly how many bulbs and what type i need of each to change my colour too...im going with white led's...

Also how exactly would i wire up say a strip of white leds to light up my footwellls too? I just need to know where to get a feed from.

Thank you so much.

Sammy :thumbsup:

Dear Phil01

I have a 2006 hatch with the same centre control panel as yours...can you please explain exactly how many bulbs and what type i need of each to change my colour too...im going with white led's...

Also how exactly would i wire up say a strip of white leds to light up my footwellls too? I just need to know where to get a feed from.

Thank you so much.

eBay seller mate, great led with no hot spots and very uniform light spread, nice and bright, 5xT4 and 3xT5 in red, good seller and communicator.

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=2061X562073&site=toyotaownersclub.com&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D190560760681%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT%23ht_2063wt_1139&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyotaownersclub.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D127979%26st%3D0

The footwell LED's are red strips that I took the feed from the glove box pin switch and come on t=with side lights.

Open the glovebox and you will see a pin switch and light that operates the glovebox light, it has two wire connected to it, one earth and one 12v, I took my feed from the 12v and connected earth from LED strip to the earth side of pin switch, very easy job

that looks awesome

but the problem is with mine is i got this type of centre console:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/5029495022_fe663f038c.jpg

with the dials that you have to adjust by turning them and not pressing buttons

when they light up they are green and I want to make them red but the problem is that when I installed my CD player i realised that the bulbs where normal white/cream ones which means that the actual plastic console is green on the inside so they appear green when the lights are on...so in conclusion if I install the red bulbs will they light up red or be a mixture of red and green which will look terrible?

hope you guys get what i mean :)

p.s the photo that i used may be someone's car on this forum so i would like to thank them for letting me use their photography in advance :)

Dear Phil01

Thank you so much.

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=2061X562073&site=toyotaownersclub.com&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D190560760681%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT%23ht_2063wt_1139&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyotaownersclub.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D127979%26st%3D0

Open the glovebox and you will see a pin switch and light that operates the glovebox light, it has two wire connected to it, one earth and one 12v, I took my feed from the 12v and connected earth from LED strip to the earth side of pin switch, very easy job

Your the best matey :thumbsup: ...i shall place my order with that seller today...thanks for making things so clear...

Just a couple of things that concern me...

1. Do you think white led's may be too bright for me to see the info on the little display screens? :help2:

2. Im sure i previously read that even if you change the colour of the bulb,apparently the behind of each button has some sort of green tint so it will always shine green...is this true? :help:

Please reply ASAP so that i amy place that order as soon as.

Sammy

I have puddle lights and footwell lights, i love em.

Any chance of some pics and a brief "How to" at all mate?

Im bout 400 miles from my pc atm but i will once im home again.

i brought some bulbs last time round when people were trying blue bulbs , didnt even work when i tried mine, i will try these but in blue to match my H/U ,will be intresting to see a how to on the puddle lights

subscribed

Dear Phil01

Thank you so much.

Your the best matey :thumbsup: ...i shall place my order with that seller today...thanks for making things so clear...

Just a couple of things that concern me...

1. Do you think white led's may be too bright for me to see the info on the little display screens? :help2:

2. Im sure i previously read that even if you change the colour of the bulb,apparently the behind of each button has some sort of green tint so it will always shine green...is this true? :help:

Please reply ASAP so that i amy place that order as soon as.

Sammy

I think white could look too harsh and be a poor contrast behind the black matrix info, what colour is your main speedo/rev counter

illumination?

The green colour is a silicone cover that fits over the standard white illumination bulb, if you remove this cover and refit original bulbs this may look ok if you want white illumination and that way you do not need LED's, worth a try first Sam as this may work well against the black matrix info that was your concern above.

that looks awesome

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/5029495022_fe663f038c.jpg

when they light up they are green and I want to make them red but the problem is that when I installed my CD player i realised that the bulbs where normal white/cream ones which means that the actual plastic console is green on the inside so they appear green when the lights are on...so in conclusion if I install the red bulbs will they light up red or be a mixture of red and green which will look terrible?

p.s the photo that i used may be someone's car on this forum so i would like to thank them for letting me use their photography in advance :)

I understand exactly what you are saying, are you sure they are plain white bulbs and have no green cover that slips over the bulb, if they are just white then the illumination colour is a green filter plastic that is made/combined into the heater control and there is not much you can do to change it.

Red and green colour mix would look horrendous.

that looks awesome

http://farm5.static...._fe663f038c.jpg

I understand exactly what you are saying, are you sure they are plain white bulbs and have no green cover that slips over the bulb, if they are just white then the illumination colour is a green filter plastic that is made/combined into the heater control and there is not much you can do to change it.

Red and green colour mix would look horrendous.

thanks phil :) yeah the bulbs are white and have no film over them which defo means that the plastic has green blended into it which is a shame :(

ah well, thanks for your input though and i hope all you guys and girls get a nice finish after you do this mod :D

best of luck to everyone!

i think im just going to to the footwell lights in either green or red? your opinions are welcome

also what are puddle lights?

thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links