Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitted Red Led's

Phil01

That look GREAT mate...im going to look a little harder for that bulb now...by the way what type of bulb will i need to replace it? ;)

Well, actually I don't know what type of bulb it was, I just took it out and soldered a new led (with resistor) in the original plastic "socket" :P

Grtz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

• Phil01

• corollat3sport

• noedel

That look GREAT mate...im going to look a little harder for that bulb now...by the way what type of bulb will i need to replace it? ;)

Well, actually I don't know what type of bulb it was, I just took it out and soldered a new led (with resistor) in the original plastic "socket" :P

Grtz

Hi Noedel... :rolleyes:

Just a quick update...i had a closer look and yes i found "the bulb"... you were right its inside that likkle casing...i read Valeo on it and thought that must be it...was a bit fiddly opening that casing...fitted my replacement bulb...thought id see if its working before i put the casing back on...it wasn't...thought for a bit :unsure: ...touched the metal contact coming off it against the actual cigg lighter unit...funny...heard a ZAP and a bit of smoke...literally :wacko: ...lol...and then we had light :yahoo: ...hoorayyyy...so a job well done... :thumbsup:

Sorry to bore you all on such a small trivial matter guys.

Hi Noedel... :rolleyes:

Just a quick update...i had a closer look and yes i found "the bulb"... you were right its inside that likkle casing...i read Valeo on it and thought that must be it...was a bit fiddly opening that casing...fitted my replacement bulb...thought id see if its working before i put the casing back on...it wasn't...thought for a bit :unsure: ...touched the metal contact coming off it against the actual cigg lighter unit...funny...heard a ZAP and a bit of smoke...literally :wacko: ...lol...and then we had light :yahoo: ...hoorayyyy...so a job well done... :thumbsup:

Sorry to bore you all on such a small trivial matter guys.

Why should you be sorry?

It's a forum, here you are able to ask questions, and other people try to help ;)

Glad it worked, got any pics of the result?

Grtz

YO GUYS

Whilst on this topic/thread re lighting up things in different colours etc etc lol :yahoo: ...

For all you out there that have changed the colour of their centre consoles to match whatever...have you noticed at night...yes...in the dark...that your window switches on your drivers side/passenger side also light up that annoying green...oh and your headlight leveller switch too...minor issue i know BUT...here it is...can they be changed too??? Please let us know if anyone has managed to do so...or even if you thought about it but couldnt be bothered lol! :wacko:

:thumbsup:

YO GUYS

Whilst on this topic/thread re lighting up things in different colours etc etc lol :yahoo: ...

For all you out there that have changed the colour of their centre consoles to match whatever...have you noticed at night...yes...in the dark...that your window switches on your drivers side/passenger side also light up that annoying green...oh and your headlight leveller switch too...minor issue i know BUT...here it is...can they be changed too??? Please let us know if anyone has managed to do so...or even if you thought about it but couldnt be bothered lol! :wacko:

:thumbsup:

Lol, haha.

I changed those buttons enlightment also into blue (but, they are a hell to replace!) + the enlightment of the "headlight height" adjust button (at the left of the steering wheel).

ALL of my enlightment is blue in stead of green :)

I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can (not home now).

Grtz

Starting with the enlightment of the window switch (passenger side).

Check the size of the original (left) and the new blue led (right)

dscn3948p.jpg

Here's the new blue led soldered in:

dscn3949.jpg

Some testing with a 12v battery:

dscn3945j.jpg

This is the headlight height adjustment button in pieces:

dscn3951x.jpg

I've put in a new led BULB, which I've cut off some 'glass', in a corner of 45°, that's because the light has to shine forward, in a corner, the pics explain it:

dscn3954i.jpg

Also some testing, glad it works ;)

dscn3955c.jpg

And the result:

dscn3961z.jpg

dscn3963.jpg

dscn3962c.jpg

Grtz ;)

Sam put some pictures off the LEDs you fitted in the heating part I'm sure you put in clear bulbs ..? I want too see the pictures so I can order my bulbs..!

Starting with the enlightment of the window switch (passenger side).

Check the size of the original (left) and the new blue led (right)

dscn3948p.jpg

Here's the new blue led soldered in:

dscn3949.jpg

Some testing with a 12v battery:

dscn3945j.jpg

This is the headlight height adjustment button in pieces:

dscn3951x.jpg

I've put in a new led BULB, which I've cut off some 'glass', in a corner of 45°, that's because the light has to shine forward, in a corner, the pics explain it:

dscn3954i.jpg

Also some testing, glad it works ;)

dscn3955c.jpg

And the result:

dscn3961z.jpg

dscn3963.jpg

dscn3962c.jpg

Grtz ;)

Noedel my friend...all i can say is your CRAZY :wacko: ...cant believe you thought of that idea too and actually pulled it off...and brilliantly too!!!! Bet some guys on here must think a)we seriously bored b)we must have a lot of time on our hands lol...BUT i think it looks GREAT! :bye:

Okay now i've managed to pull out my "headlight height adjustment switch"...i've been staring at it since yesterday...how in this world do i open it up without breaking it? I've tried small flat screwdrivers,butter knifes,etc...and im scared to break it. Please advise me on that one. Also once i do open it up...is the bulb a wedge type so i can pull it out and push a new one in??? :group-cuddles:

Re the window switch lights...uhhmmm...im going to have to give it a miss...i wouldnt know where to get the bulbs from...and i dont do/like soldering...besides my other half thinks they should stay green because they arent so noticeable! :fear:

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Sam put some pictures off the LEDs you fitted in the heating part I'm sure you put in clear bulbs ..? I want too see the pictures so I can order my bulbs..!

Chachy zed matey...im so sorry...im dying to take pics myself...but my digi cam is on holiday in Southern Africa some where (my brother's borrowed it while on hols lol) As soon as he gets back on the 25/09 i'll put in a new card and snap away for you... ;)

Noedel my friend...all i can say is your CRAZY :wacko: ...cant believe you thought of that idea too and actually pulled it off...and brilliantly too!!!! Bet some guys on here must think a)we seriously bored b)we must have a lot of time on our hands lol...BUT i think it looks GREAT! :bye:

Okay now i've managed to pull out my "headlight height adjustment switch"...i've been staring at it since yesterday...how in this world do i open it up without breaking it? I've tried small flat screwdrivers,butter knifes,etc...and im scared to break it. Please advise me on that one. Also once i do open it up...is the bulb a wedge type so i can pull it out and push a new one in??? :group-cuddles:

Re the window switch lights...uhhmmm...im going to have to give it a miss...i wouldnt know where to get the bulbs from...and i dont do/like soldering...besides my other half thinks they should stay green because they arent so noticeable! :fear:

Haha, I was kinda bored those days actually ;)

It should work with a small screwdriver. I was also scared to break it, but even when you do, some glue will fix it afterwards :)

The bulb inside is a normal one indeed, kinda similar to the one of the cig. lighter.

I've cut if off, and soldered the new led in (with resistor).

The window switches are little *****s indeed :P

I used some very small leds, which I took out of a led-strip:

dscn3946.jpg

With the soldering tool I heated up the iron around the leds from the led-strip, so it started to melt (watch out you don't hit the leds with it, or they will be gone too :P )

Then I did the same with the original ones to take them out, and solered the new ones in.

Again, be careful, so u can solder the original ones back in when new leds wouldn't work :)

Hope it was a little bit helpful!

Grtz ;)

Haha, I was kinda bored those days actually ;)

It should work with a small screwdriver. I was also scared to break it, but even when you do, some glue will fix it afterwards :)

The bulb inside is a normal one indeed, kinda similar to the one of the cig. lighter.

I've cut if off, and soldered the new led in (with resistor).

The window switches are little *****s indeed :P

I used some very small leds, which I took out of a led-strip:

dscn3946.jpg

With the soldering tool I heated up the iron around the leds from the led-strip, so it started to melt (watch out you don't hit the leds with it, or they will be gone too :P )

Then I did the same with the original ones to take them out, and solered the new ones in.

Again, be careful, so u can solder the original ones back in when new leds wouldn't work :)

Hope it was a little bit helpful!

Grtz ;)

Thanks Noedel :thumbsup:

I defo aint even attepting the window switches...but i'll try again with that Headlamp leveller switch tomorrow...its just sitting on my desk looking at me everyday lol! :eek:

I'll put up pics once im done and get my camera back!

JUST another update Noedel...i got it open...hoorayyy :yahoo: ...used a small screwdriver on each corner and it popped...However...the bulb is solderd on so i put it back together again...was worth a try... :yawn:

Im thinking of my next mod...maybe footwell led's... :eek:

JUST another update Noedel...i got it open...hoorayyy :yahoo: ...used a small screwdriver on each corner and it popped...However...the bulb is solderd on so i put it back together again...was worth a try... :yawn:

Im thinking of my next mod...maybe footwell led's... :eek:

Why don't u cut it off and solder a new led in?

In case u want to put it back to original, just take out the led and solder in the original bulb? :)

Grtz

• 1 month later...

Just fitted the red bulbs for the centre heater panel today.

I know 'Sammy' had problems fitting these of this thread don't know if she sorted it or not?

Anyway, the following are working -

1xT4 for fan speed

1xT4 for Temp

3xT4 for bottom row of buttons

1xT5 for mode/direction display

These are not working -

1xT5 for clock

1xT5 for mode/direction display. So, 2 bulbs are not working. I got them from the same seller as 'Phil01'. The T5's will fit in the slots you just have to really put a bit pressure on them for them to click all the way in! But, because they were so tight to click in I'am having problems trying to pull them back out as I don't want to damage to circuit board.

Have tried long nose pliers but cannot pull them out. Anybody know the best way to get'em out if you have put replacements in?

Cheers if anybody has got any advice.

Just fitted the red bulbs for the centre heater panel today.

I know 'Sammy' had problems fitting these of this thread don't know if she sorted it or not?

Anyway, the following are working -

1xT4 for fan speed

1xT4 for Temp

3xT4 for bottom row of buttons

1xT5 for mode/direction display

These are not working -

1xT5 for clock

1xT5 for mode/direction display. So, 2 bulbs are not working. I got them from the same seller as 'Phil01'. The T5's will fit in the slots you just have to really put a bit pressure on them for them to click all the way in! But, because they were so tight to click in I'am having problems trying to pull them back out as I don't want to damage to circuit board.

Have tried long nose pliers but cannot pull them out. Anybody know the best way to get'em out if you have put replacements in?

Cheers if anybody has got any advice.

Hey GazzyG...DID I HEAR MY NAME CALLING??? LOL, did i forget to mention i managed to sort mine out ages back, sorry guys, BUT i will never forget, i had the same problem with those darn T5's, if they're not working you need to remove them and then turn them the other way and re-fit them (somthing to + or - or polarity or whatever they call it lol!) but anyway, the question is how to remove them, which was a mega pain in the a**e i tell you, pliers will damage the bulb holder, and your right about being concerned re damaging the circuit board, i remember very very gently pushing them up with a tiny flat screwdriver, it was worrying, i left it a day or two before returning to the job in hand, but with a lot of patience you can do it without damaging anything, let us know how you get on matey, and goodluck! :thumbsup:

By the way Sam still waiting on your pictures ? What colour bulbs did you put in anyway..? Don't forget the pictures.

By the way Sam still waiting on your pictures ? What colour bulbs did you put in anyway..? Don't forget the pictures.

Yes mate, i know, i must get some pics sorted soon, been meaning to build my own thread of pics for ages now, either someone's borrowed my camera, or i don't have the time, i'll tell you my camera's seen more of this world than i have, family n friends are always borrowing it lol!

I went with ice white led's in the end, what made you want to go red? How about your speedo/dash pod?

And i didn't know you owned an 06/1.6 SR too??? Cool, so what colour is he/she? How are you finding it? And at what mileage? I've heard stories of when they hit over 60k, let me know or PM me if you prefer! We should start our own SR Thread! :thumbsup:

I own the sexy blue colour I was the 1st in Birmingham but iv spotted another 2 around. I'm gonna put in blue bulbs what are the white ones like at night? Iv put in footwell lights in blue so I'm still making my mind up on blue or white.I wouldn't want red as my speedo clock bulbs are white. So whats the story when they hit over 60k? What colour,age,mileage is yours? Any problems with yours hope not iv noticed fuel wise they are crap. But as I own a Subaru it's cheaper than that. Lol

I've also changed the interior lighting from green to red :)

plcc-2 red leds for oem cd player and steering wheel remote control, door switches, red bulbs for central console and cigarette lighter, 5mm red leds for headlight beam switch and traction control...

img1245y.th.jpg img1219i.th.jpg img1244z.th.jpg

img1239o.th.jpg img1238g.th.jpg

img1271hj.th.jpg img1273no.th.jpg img1280gw.th.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links