Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis 2009 Owner's Manual Pdf And Bluetooth Query..

Drawingbreath

Greetings everyone.

Technically, I'm not a Toyota owner yet. I'm taking delivery of my 2009 Toyota Avensis 1.8 TR V-Matic CVT on Saturday, and I'm looking forward to the upgrade from my old Nissan Micra. I test drove a fair selection of medium/large cars like Mazda 3's, Honda Civics, Audi A4 and Skoda Octavia and frankly nothing touched the 2nd hand Avensis that I found, for comfort, back-seat comfort, ease, features and in-cabin peace and quiet.

Rather irritatingly I didn't pick up the Owner's Manual from the glove compartment to get myself acquainted with the car, but I just assumed I could find a PDF version of the manual online. How wrong I was. Wherever I look (and I've been pretty thorough) I can't find an owner's manual online, for even the old Avensis.

Is there an owner's manual out there? It would be a bonus if I could keep one on my Kindle. It seems very 20th Century to not have an electronic version of such an important document these days.

My other question was related to the bluetooth capabilities of the stereo. If I was to invest in a bluetooth transmitter for my iPod Classic, or use my iPhone's bluetooth mode, does the music play in all the car's Speakers and show track data on the audio info screen? I figured that the Bluetooth would only play through the driver's side speaker for phone calls.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Cheers.

Greetings everyone.

Technically, I'm not a Toyota owner yet. I'm taking delivery of my 2009 Toyota Avensis 1.8 TR V-Matic CVT on Saturday, and I'm looking forward to the upgrade from my old Nissan Micra. I test drove a fair selection of medium/large cars like Mazda 3's, Honda Civics, Audi A4 and Skoda Octavia and frankly nothing touched the 2nd hand Avensis that I found, for comfort, back-seat comfort, ease, features and in-cabin peace and quiet.

Rather irritatingly I didn't pick up the Owner's Manual from the glove compartment to get myself acquainted with the car, but I just assumed I could find a PDF version of the manual online. How wrong I was. Wherever I look (and I've been pretty thorough) I can't find an owner's manual online, for even the old Avensis.

Is there an owner's manual out there? It would be a bonus if I could keep one on my Kindle. It seems very 20th Century to not have an electronic version of such an important document these days.

My other question was related to the Bluetooth capabilities of the stereo. If I was to invest in a bluetooth transmitter for my iPod Classic, or use my iPhone's bluetooth mode, does the music play in all the car's speakers and show track data on the audio info screen? I figured that the Bluetooth would only play through the driver's side speaker for phone calls.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

On mine and I assume all latest models there is an aux socket in centre arm rest where you can plug a headphone connector to it and play music through all the car speakers but you do not get track info displayed you will need an iPhone integration kit fitted.

Cannot help on owners manual.

Cheers.

I will try again.

On mine there is an aux socket in centre arm rest, connect your iPod headset output to this and you can play your music through all the car Speakers but you will not get track or any music information if you need this then the integration kit should be fitted.

Mine is the HDD system but I am assuming they all have this capability.

I cannot help with the manual in PDF but there is A Toyota service and information site but I have lost the link to it but someone will no doubt help you with this.

Welcome to the forum.

I will try again.

On mine there is an aux socket in centre arm rest, connect your iPod headset output to this and you can play your music through all the car speakers but you will not get track or any music information if you need this then the integration kit should be fitted.

I cannot help with the manual in PDF but there is A Toyota service and information site but I have lost the link to it but someone will no doubt help you with this.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the feedback. I had found the Aux 3.5mm input and the 12v power socket for any old connection in the capacious armrest. Considering the car has got Sat Nav and bluetooth I thought I would crawl into the 21st Century though, upgrading as i am from a cassette-deck adaptor for my old iPod. Track information and being able to skip tracks would be great. I'm just not confident that it will manage it as well as I hope.

That PDF owner's manual does seem like rocking horse shinola. It just doesn't seem available.

I guess I'll find out soon enough. Saturday isn't far away. I'll report my findings back here when I do.

• 1 month later...

After a few weeks of ownership I've found out a few things about the bluetooth capabilities of my model of Avensis.

To begin with it works ok with my iPhone 3GS. I say just ok because it has just the bare minimum of transport controls. Just Play and Pause. Basically the bluetooth once connected will play the music streaming from the iPod app on the phone, but it will only play what you have already selected on the iPhone and if you want to change tracks you have to use the iPhone itself, which defeats the object of having bluetooth control at your fingertips on the steering wheel.

The good parts are the sound is good. In fact I think it's better than using a very good quality 3.5mm jack straight into the aux port in the armrest cavity. That could just be a very subjective opinion though. I've not done very careful blind listening tests and to be honest, don't think I'd bother. It's good enough for me. Also the Bluetooth phone support is pretty sweet. Being able to call my wife when I'm on the way home by pushing a couple of buttons on the steering wheel is like the future has arrived. She can't tell she's on speakerphone, she's louder than if she was in the passenger seat and she can hear me without any effort. Such a difference to using the handsfree and speaker built into the iPhone when I was in my old Micra. That was literally impossible to hear when travelling in the car at all.

In an effort to have my whole music library I invested in a Jabra A125s Bluetooth music Adapter to attach to my 160GB iPod Classic. Sadly the device seems destined to only work effectively with Bluetooth headsets and headphones. Despite being able to connect to it using my iMac or PS3, I can't actually do anything useful with it. Even more so in the Avensis. The device just won't connect at all. I tried resetting the devices on the car and changed the security number back to 0000 instead of my preferred combination, but nothing occurs. At all.

So, I'm still looking for the perfect solution, without being convinced I'll find one without spending serious money. I'm starting to wonder if proper transport controls with playlist support is even possible using the Bluetooth option. If I find out, I'll keep the topic updated.

I will try again.

On mine there is an aux socket in centre arm rest, connect your iPod headset output to this and you can play your music through all the car speakers but you will not get track or any music information if you need this then the integration kit should be fitted.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello,

is this the link you refer to?

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

Pete.

I will try again.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello,

is this the link you refer to?

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

Pete.

Thanks for these links. I've already downloaded a bunch of installation manuals for the likes of USB and DAB. Now, where can I buy the units from? :)

Parts King aka Kingo aka John from Lindops will sort you out. He got all my bit's n bob's for me and is a nice bloke to do business with.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links