Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade Your Iq To A Lexus...

sweet-dentist

The other day it was possible to collect some LEXUS Logo and name shields ...

There is a guy in Holland that sells all sorts and types of car logo's / he had LEXUS.

Unfortunately not the one on the front.. that is way bigger.

I took the TOYOTA name and Logo off my car. Using a hairdryer and a plastic sharp spatula out of the kitchen.

Be very careful the lacquer is very easily scratched. It happened to me... but fortunately I have a spotcolorpaintbrushthingy...

The remains I cleaned with benzine and a clean cloth. The LOGO comes off with remains of glue.. this is easily rubbed away, like the glue on your new creditcard in the mail.

The place of the LEXUS name I got right by using a plastic strip as an indicator of the way it's horizontal. The LOGO was just using your feeling, and hoping for the best.

Et voilá , you have a LEXUS... Exactly coping with the price of the iQ...

Still I have to thing of another name for the "iQ" word.... somthing like "CiQnot" (instead of Cygnet)... but there is no space after the word iQ.

So options are still open for a nice name... ending in "iQ".

DSC03758.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

PRIQ?

I think it looks GREAT!!!! I want to do mine now!!!! Tonight!!!!!

Funny I too have an iQ and a Verso White iQ black Verso

David

It's still a Toyota

I too have done something similar....

My Corolla is now a Ferrari!

It looks so cool with the prancing horse gaffa taped on the boot! cool.gif

Seriously mate, why have you stuck Lexus badges on it?? It's not gonna fool anybody, more likely to make people point and laugh than anything else.....

• Like 1

I too have done something similar....

My Corolla is now a Ferrari!

It looks so cool with the prancing horse gaffa taped on the boot! cool.gif

Seriously mate, why have you stuck Lexus badges on it?? It's not gonna fool anybody, more likely to make people point and laugh than anything else.....

Totally agree

• Like 1

I think I read somewhere that the IQ will be marketed as a Lexus/Scion in the US next year rather than a Toyota, though I could be wrong.

So the new badges would be nearly credible...

I think I read somewhere that the IQ will be marketed as a Lexus/Scion in the US next year rather than a Toyota, though I could be wrong.

So the new badges would be nearly credible...

Buy it as a Toyota, leave it as a Toyota. Buy it as a Lexus, leave it as a Lexus. My wife as a Fiat 500. If I put a Ferrari Badge on it, it will still be a Fiat.

One time I saw a Diahatsu 4x4 with a Toyota Badge on the back. There's no point in re-badging as everyone knows what it really is.

A few years ago I owned a Smart car that had been badged up as a Mercedes by the original owner - it was not long before I had one of the badges nicked! Guess the Badge had a "value" despite the car that was wearing it!

:rolleyes:

simply put, since you dont drive a toyota anymore...join the "lexus" owners club and see how they feel about it.

Totally agree for you all.

You also have the Toyota logo on the steering-wheel. And some have them on the wheelhubthing...

But ... . the Cygnet is just a Toyota with another Badge on it.

But ... . the Smart is actually a Mercedes by breed.

But ... . I like it this way... they should have made it an Lexus and sold it as such (Due the price!!).

For me it give the feeling I drive the same car but worth every penny (Euro).

And on my former Guzzler (Previa, 1750 kilo, 2.3 liter automatic 4 cylind) I had a logo of V8 and 4WD on the back... just for fun.... some people would go WOW.... it's a V8... ooooh yeah... :-)

I went over to the LEXUS dealer in Amsterdam to get a front LEXUS logo... costs: € 300,- or € 1000,- for the logo of the IS sports convertible. And the do not fit by any way....

I had an interesting talk over-there with men from the desk but also with a chap from the "workplatz".

Overall feeling ... LEXUS world is not my cup of tee... but it was fun beeing there, and they did not blink an eye... some fond it smile-making... :-)

The were not interested in the iQ because they do a lot of CO2 reduction with there blue LEXUSes... Aston has to compensate with the Cygnet for there CO2 release.

Edited by sweet-dentist

• 2 weeks later...

Have you left the front badge as a Toyota one?

Here is the front..

DSC00188.jpg

with the carbon..

DSC00209.jpg

If you like it, thats the most important thing!

I imagine that picture will feature on many websites around the world,

maybe even on some car shows & magazines.

First time that i have noticed that the Lexus Badge seams to look like the sign made by UK Top Gear presenters using there fingers on the forehead,

quite often used towards the other 2 when they win a challenge.

george

PS i wonder if Lexus will react in anyway when it gets wider media coverage.

(only being half serious, but you never know.)

Oh Dear ....

Yes 'Oh Dear' indeed :wacko:

I am not keen on these cloning types of alterations, it always seems tasteless to me :huh: Right I'm off to the shops in my shiney Rolls Royce Avensis tourer :rolleyes:

oeps... sorry double ...

That went wrong... this can be deleted...

And by the way... I was at the Amsterdam LEXUS dealer... Very expensive surroundings.. ha ha

The 2 men behind the entrance desk...they were slightly amused (not really and only a very small grinn on the face...)...

The garage workers ? car moovers on the premesis....were having fun with it .. though.. and were laughing (in a friendly matter).. :-)