img20110812164649.jpg

img20110812164656.jpg

img20110812164718.jpg

img20110812165145.jpg

Before

25344498.jpg

After

img20110812183521.jpg

I'm really happy with it, it does make the car look alot more aggressive, Plus can't wait for the TTE Badge coming next week. I've also noticed people giving it more looks :thumbsup:

The only thing is because it's fresh paint there is a slight difference between the colour of the bumper and the car, so might wait about a week then give the whole car a polish and a wax.

What Do you guys think?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• etihad

• chachy zed

• Asphyxion

• jw67

I like that a lot, and like you say it looks way more aggressive. :thumbsup: well done.

Well done mate, what is the part number of the bumper please? Was the radiator grille included with the bumper?

Well done mate, what is the part number of the bumper please? Was the radiator grille included with the bumper?

Thanks mate. Yeah the mesh comes with it. I can't remember the part number though. Just do a quick search.

I like that alot, well done mate,

You can defo see the difference in colour, new paint looks a we bit darker, if you are not happy with it take it back and get them to do it again.

I had the same problem a short while ago when I got a MR2 bumper painted, it was two shades darker, i refused it and they painted it again and now you can not tell the difference, dont let them fob you off by saying its because its painted on plastic. Not true,

That looks awesome!!

But I have to say - that colour match doesn't look right - I would question that.. It's not as the rest of the body work is in poor condition either and its not something that'll just get better over time..

Car looks so angry with it on though!

Tbh i wouldn't call it way off. I know what you mean but its actually pretty spot on. Am very fussy about the colour match. It is darker abit. I've already paid them as i was happy with it. You:ve all got me paranoid now lol

i dont think you would notice the colour difference unless someone pointed it out.. i didnt notice when browsing through the photos. looks !Removed! lovely! angry corollrawwhhhh

looks well mate, but - i would certainly question the colour. in the last photo, the difference in shade is quite noticeable with the very edge of the bonnet being right next to the top of the new bumper. saying that, give it a wash and a wax and then take the same photo at the same time of day and see if the difference stands out just as much...

sorry mate, just saying what i see...

Anymore bumpers like that for sale..? Let me no looks really nice btw !

looks good, tcut will make the colour match better but you'll never get it 100%. The only way to do it is to blend across your wings and bonnet.

Well, as "student" in painting, I saw the difference in colour immediately.

I would also recommend you to go back, and let them do it again :)

But, still looks agressive :thumbsup:

Grtz

looks good, tcut will make the colour match better but you'll never get it 100%. The only way to do it is to blend across your wings and bonnet.

I would have thought the same tbh.I would still be inclined to take it back though and see if they can do anything else to match it better.If not you may never be 100% happy with it.

Looks wise,it still looks great though :thumbsup:

Looking very good mate, I would like that bumper for my car, maybe one day one will come up for sale :thumbsup:

well I've taken to Toyota body spray job, and they said because the car is 5 years old, and that's just freshly painted there will always be a difference. They said the paint should settle after a while, but they did say that the best thing to do was to blend the bonnet and the wings in.

btw LOZZA_T_SPORT it will be for sale roughly this time next year :yes:

Bumper looks great, mine was a tad out on colour match but but after a few washes and a another harley wax its hardly noticable. Already had to respray under the lip (aerosol from Mr. T ) after an encounter with a speed hump.

Have you sprayed your washer bottle black yet lol.

24072011225.jpg

Glad to see you got sorted with the shocks and are now fitted.

PM sent.

Well i was told it would settle down so am gonna try the polish and harly wax and hopefully it will do. Still not scratched it yet lol, am sure i will do at some point though. I sprayed the washer bottle before i put bumper on ;).

Yeah am glad thats all over too.

Gave the car a good polish and a coat of harly wax

img20110814150227.jpg

img20110814150234.jpg

img20110814150249.jpg

img20110814150309.jpg

img20110814150317.jpg

I think it looks lush, starting to like this shape Corolla :thumbsup:

now I've had another look, I would take it back to the garage. The colour difference looks a little too much for age although it is a dark coloured car I guess.

I wonder if they have mixed the paint incorrectly?

Hmmm, not it is off. But do you think they would respray? I'll go down on Wednesday and see what he says.

Yo looking lush! especially on those black spokes. Btw how much did it all cost in the end new?

Again like most have said there is defo a colour difference, like i know there would be a slight difference with age but all those photos show a big difference in the shade,

the last pic for example has a darker bumper and lighter body.

I would take it back and get him to do the bumper again, although the painter may claim its gonna take time to blend etc cause a fuss! You can blend it but i wouldnt advise it as when you do take the bumper off then it will be noticable on the bodywork with the old bumper.