Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tte Bumper Fitted

etihad

Yes, the car is 5 years old, but they still have got 7 different types of that colour code.

I took those to the car, and compared them to the bonnet.

Then you can tell them which sample looks the best, and if it's maybe still too dark or too bright, too much blue or too much red etc.

Then they can mix it that way, that the difference will be minimal ;)

Grtz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• etihad

• chachy zed

• Asphyxion

• jw67

I have just had mine fixed after going slightly too fast over a hump back bridge (cant say how fast, dont know whos looking haha). Had my badges painted white aswel looks good

whitebadge.jpg

looks well but as said there is a good difference in colour

mine is the same though, iam not sure if mine is worse or not as bad but either way theres a difference in my colours

i havent seen 1 TTE bumper that was a perfect match, no matter what the colour was i could see a difference

heres mine.

IMAG0024-1.jpg

I've decided not to bother and keep it as it is. The colour difference is not like night and day. Like i said i've taken it acouple of spray shops and they all said there is a difference but it never be 100%. Plus the paint apparently is still soft and hasn't settled. -ish, it cost me £500 in total. Im still after the tte compressor badges if you can get hold of them, or anyone else for that matter :)

I've decided not to bother and keep it as it is. The colour difference is not like night and day. Like i said i've taken it acouple of spray shops and they all said there is a difference but it never be 100%. Plus the paint apparently is still soft and hasn't settled. -ish, it cost me £500 in total. Im still after the tte compressor badges if you can get hold of them, or anyone else for that matter :)

ahh mate i thought you got them from your other post. ill try and find the two i have lying around

ahh mate i thought you got them from your other post. ill try and find the two i have lying around

Pm sent

I don't claim to be an expert but me and my gf have had bumpers resprayed at our local bodyshop and we have never noticed even a slight difference in colour.. My G6 was 12 years old and RED and after the rear bumper sprayed you could barely tell and my gf's metallic green polo had a 16v bumper put on after having it sprayed and you could not tell the difference and that's a P reg car..

In fact, we were at the body shop today as my gf is having a new bumper on the polo after an accident - we dropped it off today for paint and they matched it up from the colour chips - 3 different shades.

I think that you have definitely had the wrong shade sprayed on there buddy - at least ask to have it re-done? But if it doesn't bother you then never mind :)

Fek i wish that was parked on my drive! lol looks nice...and i think you got the right approach to this colour thing! its never going to be 100% and as long as your happy with it, its money well spent.

On another note, i went to see a corolla once and noticed both front and back bumpers were different shade to the rest of the car. Car was hpi clear and guy was adamant it hadnt been sprayed and the colour difference was due to the bumpers being plastic and the car being metal, paint reacts/sits different on them. Kind of makes sense and i have noticed this a lot on silver and grey cars since then.

Fek i wish that was parked on my drive! lol looks nice...and i think you got the right approach to this colour thing! its never going to be 100% and as long as your happy with it, its money well spent.

On another note, i went to see a corolla once and noticed both front and back bumpers were different shade to the rest of the car. Car was hpi clear and guy was adamant it hadnt been sprayed and the colour difference was due to the bumpers being plastic and the car being metal, paint reacts/sits different on them. Kind of makes sense and i have noticed this a lot on silver and grey cars since then.

mines the same, when getting the spoiler sprayed he said my rear bumper looked slightly different and had a different amount of metallic in it.. i bought the car second hand from an older man who had kept every bit of paperwork imaginable and non of it mentions a sprayed bumper... he even kept the receipts for !Removed! Wiper Blades haha...

Take the car back to the bodyshop don't give up that easy look how much you spent on it..? I would..! It's worth a try car looks really nice btw..!

Take the car back to the bodyshop don't give up that easy look how much you spent on it..? I would..! It's worth a try car looks really nice btw..!

Well its started to settle in now. The difference in colour is still there (to me) i'll give it acouple of washes and waxing etc, and it should be spot on then.

Thanks for all your advice and help people. :)

U can wash& polish it as many times as u like it won't make much off a difference. Go to the bodyshop & get it done again. You will see a change when it gets done again don't give up it's not like you got it done for free.

U can wash& polish it as many times as u like it won't make much off a difference. Go to the bodyshop & get it done again. You will see a change when it gets done again don't give up it's not like you got it done for free.

+1

To be fair mine was very similar, Its near impossible to get a good match on the bumper because of the material. I spoke to my body shop guy about this. The only way i rectified it was by a full respray.

Mine was alot darker in comparison to the body

dsc01764i.jpg

dsc01877n.jpg

May be worth getting them to blend into the wings

never heard such poo in all my life im lucky to have a good painter at my work...he has painted my pear bumper twice once coz some bird desided to play touch park which the whole bumper got painted and it was an exact match(im very fussy about paint work as i enter my cars into shows) then i was doing a bit of em drifting hit oil/diesel put it into a barrier backwards and scuffed the side he just repaired the side perfect again...you cant even see were he lost it.....

so if it was me i wouldnt buy any excuse for it being a diff shade how ever slight....he also painted my skirts and rear trd lip all a perfect match...

223366_1519849776526_1843016754_928866_4135900_n.jpg

223341_1539496427680_1843016754_958226_3689174_n.jpg

222767_1539603150348_1843016754_958393_7588855_n.jpg

228098_1539604270376_1843016754_958399_7353661_n.jpg

and all finished......the lights have been changed for the later darker ones..

223441_1539652711587_1843016754_958440_5008625_n.jpg

and the side skirts match perfect

222809_1532220005774_1843016754_948502_5373550_n.jpg

never heard such poo in all my life im lucky to have a good painter at my work...he has painted my pear bumper twice once coz some bird desided to play touch park which the whole bumper got painted and it was an exact match(im very fussy about paint work as i enter my cars into shows) then i was doing a bit of em drifting hit oil/diesel put it into a barrier backwards and scuffed the side he just repaired the side perfect again...you cant even see were he lost it.....

so if it was me i wouldnt buy any excuse for it being a diff shade how ever slight....he also painted my skirts and rear trd lip all a perfect match...

223366_1519849776526_1843016754_928866_4135900_n.jpg

223341_1539496427680_1843016754_958226_3689174_n.jpg

222767_1539603150348_1843016754_958393_7588855_n.jpg

228098_1539604270376_1843016754_958399_7353661_n.jpg

and all finished......the lights have been changed for the later darker ones..

223441_1539652711587_1843016754_958440_5008625_n.jpg

and the side skirts match perfect

222809_1532220005774_1843016754_948502_5373550_n.jpg

Well the guy at the spray shop said he will look at it, on Tuesday and see what he can do.

In the mean time TTE Badge IN DA HOUSE!!!

img20110818132022.jpg

img20110818132058.jpg

img20110818132105.jpg

img20110818141102.jpg

img20110818141130.jpg

img20110818141204.jpg

Well good news you are taking the car bak! I'm after the tte Badge aswell do you have a part number also what Toyota got it for you ? And how much ? As soon as you give me a part number I'm going too ordering mine. Thanks.

Well good news you are taking the car bak! I'm after the tte badge aswell do you have a part number also what Toyota got it for you ? And how much ? As soon as you give me a part number I'm going too ordering mine. Thanks.

Apparently I got the last one, it took them ages to find mine, it kept getting back ordered because they couldn't find it in Belgium. Anyway for your sake and others I hope there are some left. The part number can be found on the first pic mate, when it's in the wrapping. Yeah it was ordered from Toyota it cost £8.70.

I saw that picture but I can't see the numbers propley so can you copy then or take a close up image. cheers for sharing the info

I saw that picture but I can't see the numbers propley so can you copy then or take a close up image. cheers for sharing the info

PZ439X049003 thats the part number mate. Toyota can still get hold of them, just checked.

Once again thanks by the way what Toyota would that be got a question for you on the bottom lip of the front bumper do u have the tte Badge their or ain't you bothered with that one on pictures can't tell ..!

Once again thanks by the way what Toyota would that be got a question for you on the bottom lip of the front bumper do u have the tte badge their or ain't you bothered with that one on pictures can't tell ..!

No its there mate

Etihad would u be able too order me a Badge I'd pay you for it because round by me the toyota dealers are thick as **** also the Badge is out off the stock.

Etihad what Toyota dealer did u order them from let us no so I can place an order nice one.