Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loud Scraping Noise From Front End In Rain?

JEGIER

just wondering if anyone has had or knows what it could be, i have a loud scraping.gring noise coming from the front end of my car(corolla e12 pfl), however it only happens when the underside of my car gets wet ie. just driven through a puddle or in heavy rain. its been happening for a while now but as it only happens when the car gets really wet its hard for a mechanic to hear the noise. anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

no, its only on the left side, but its had work done to it i thought soemthing simple like that would have been picked up on by a mechanic, strange how its only when wet :S

Doesnt make much sese that it is only in the wet, but it does sound like the LHS of your undertray is loose and scraping along the ground. Lie on the road and have a feel around at the undertray and try see/feel what it could be.

When moving, stationary or both?

Left side sitting in car or facing it? i assume sitting in car as in "Near Side"?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links