Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Engine Oil Toyota Avensis1.8 Vvti 2002 Will Need?

786innovation

Hi All,

I need to change engine oil on my toyota avensis 1.8 vvti 2002? I was wondering how much it will require according to toyota manual. I have read somewhere it is about 3.7 litre.

And how much transmission fluid will it require? Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I need to change engine oil on my toyota avensis 1.8 vvti 2002? I was wondering how much it will require according to toyota manual. I have read somewhere it is about 3.7 litre.

And how much transmission fluid will it require? Thanks in advance

When I used to do my own oil changes I always bought a 5 litre can and had a bit left over for a top up or two.

As for transmission fluid..... I guess your car is an automatic then :huh: If so don't change it unless there has been a problem with the box. Auto fluid, in general, never needs changing.Just buy a litre of auto fluid and top it up :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. It is manual, wanted to change because gear gives me trouble when changing in 1, 2 & 3. Specially first gear, problem is not that severe the only thing I don't want my car to breakdown,

I have driving manual for more than10 years, never had any issues with that, I bought this car just a couple of month ago, I think previous owner didn't maintain it very well. For example, engine oil is pretty much black, steering makes noise when turning from far left end to right. I am planning to flush engine oil, as well as transmission & steering fluid. What do you think??? any advice......

With the age of your car I urge you not to use an engine flush fluid, I think it would better to drain it down and put in some cheap oil and run it for 1000 miles and then change it again.... change the filter each time to make sure you keep the oils clean.

As for gearbox and steering fluid it would be best to simply drain and refill.... goodluck :thumbsup:

• Like 1

With the age of your car I urge you not to use an engine flush fluid, I think it would better to drain it down and put in some cheap oil and run it for 1000 miles and then change it again.... change the filter each time to make sure you keep the oils clean.

As for gearbox and steering fluid it would be best to simply drain and refill.... goodluck :thumbsup:

how much in litres does avensis 1.8 vvti 2002 require fluid for steering and transmission??

how much in litres does avensis 1.8 vvti 2002 require fluid for steering and transmission??

Those are questions that I am unable to assist you with so I hope owners of similar cars can help..... as I said, good luck :thumbsup: