Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To My Surprise.........

LAA69

So, i'm driving up the A2 the other day on my way home from work when in my rear view mirror i see flashing blue lights from the grille of a car, so i pull to one side as you do to allow the emergency service to pass and as this car does pass ........

............ to my complete surprise, It only turns out to be a Facelift Corolla T-Sport on a 56 plate, i assume it was a cop car, anyone else ever seen one?

It was just the last car i expected to see pass in that situation.

There's a blue Reno Clio that is heavily modified round my way that is cop car, there's also a Skoda VRS too, no 'Rolla's though :(

This Clio is practically on the floor has massive alloys and a pretty loud exhaust. Makes me chuckle that it's a cop car, it'd be some 17 year old's wet dream!

round our area in yorkshire the police are using unmarked grey 3/5 series BMWs with the rear 3 windows tinted and all the look of a normal car if you don't know what you're looking for you can easily mistake them for ordinary private cars. i think the driver sometimes wears a navy blue t-shirt rather than the usual bells and whistles, makes it harder to spot!

Nice spot! There was an ex police PFL CTS on eBay before, see old post here - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108389 sadly the auction link in it is now dead.

I didn't think there would be any 56 plate CTS...only compressors by then(?)

@ LAA69

You live in south london right?

Rumour has it there was an undercover Black compressor in the west london area aswell. So looks like the london forces do use them as under cover cars.

:wub:

We used to supply West Mercia Police with parts for their covert Avensis (they dont have them anymore) and they used to have a few Hiace riot vans :eek:

Whilst not an undercover covert car, I did meet the guys from the Central Traffic Unit in Birmingham who will be using this baby

article-0-0CBC4B90000005DC-137_468x458.jpg

Yes it was a bit of a marketing campaign but it was being used daily as a highly visible deterrant for speeding on the M6 / M5 and surrounding areas. I said "Bet there is a scramble for the keys for that in the mornings" Policeman said "You must be joking, your ars* is numb in that thing after a 12 hour shift" :D: :D: :D: I had to agree with him

CTS as an undercover car? new one on me, I would be reporting that me thinks, might be a "chav" in a pretend car :lol:

Seriously though, It could be a fire officer using his own car to go out on call, or ambulance for that matter

Kingo :thumbsup:

Up here in blackpool we got a silver saxo vtr and as "CorollaD4D" mentioned also have the 5 series bmw's.

although a funny one is a nissan micra as an unmarked cop car round here.

then the usual fiesta's, vectra's etc..

the wifes a traffic cop and the cars they get is unreal....the cars they use now

W12 vw

r32

audi's

a5

s3

s4

rs6

BMW

M5

evoX

thats the ones they have at the station now

the marked cars are all volvo t6's

the wifes a traffic cop and the cars they get is unreal....the cars they use now

W12 vw

r32

audi's

a5

s3

s4

rs6

BMW

M5

evoX

thats the ones they have at the station now

the marked cars are all volvo t6's

:crybaby: yet thousands of police officers face loosing their jobs and services have to be cut :ffs:

its just as bad round my way they have a couple of focus st's and an rs ( which does look so cool in police colours strangely) along with numerous bmw's, mondeo st's, golfs, imprezas both new and old an evo and have even see a vx220 turbo!!!! not getting many crims in the back of that :yahoo:

seen one like this a while back here in ireland. tis was a big surprise.

4656960676_e417a347ae.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HI GUYS

Just bringing this post to life again lol...To my surprise...omg...im waiting in my local Marylands on Saturday evening just near the shop window...i hear a MEGA siren coming...dont know which direction its coming from...but i see cars in front of me pulling to one side...then i see a new shape BMW 5 series sport in silver...debadged...flashing headlights...blair past me...now im thinking what an idiot...cant they hear a police car coming from some place..and then it hit me as it went passed...this is the poilce car...i saw the police sign in the rear window flashing "police/police/police"...and i thought omg...that looks blody damn smart :eek: ...honestly it really looked the part and was moving like a formula 1...was a really nice experience...

Sorry to bore you guys...i have this thing about bmw's...but this one really did look like a normal family saloon..would never have assumed it was an unmarked fed car lol! :wacko:

That list is insane!!!

I got stopped a while back when staggering home from Stony High-Street, by an officer doing the night shift in a Slammed Corsa C with tinted windows and a HE-UUGE turbo on it. They do like to tune their cars to catch you out... :lol:

KP