Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'05 Corolla Head Unit Suggestions

Bad Astronaut

Hi, I've an '05 Corolla Colour Collection.

It's got the standard Toyota CD head unit, Toyota CD changer and a Toyota Navigation/GPS under the passenger seat.

I've done some digging and found various adaptors that would replace the CD changer effectively for a Line-in for an ipod or mp3 player/phone.

Also I've spotted this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-DVD-GPS-BLUETOOTH-CD-MP3-4-RADIO-TV-TOYOTA-COROLLA-/270790468475?pt=AU_Electronics_GPS&hash=item3f0c5ea37b

Has anyone got any good suggestions? As I'd like to replace what I've got for something that can handle MP3s - possibly on SD cards - but I want to keep the computer functions - such as the MPG indicator/temperature gauge.

Thanks,

Hey,

That looks a great unit, and think I have seen mention of it in this forum before.

Before I bought one at that price a few questions I would want answering.

How good is the 12 months warranty - no idea of that seller, but China is a long way to go and complain direct.

Would eBay /paypal /C card be effective in a dispute situation.

( don't forget the VAT and Import charges you will have to pay)

What about software updates - who makes the unit and is responsible for the software.

Lastly, how good is the amp in terms of hifi quality 4 x 50W is a standard figure but it might sound like 4 dustbins

As for the Mpg indicator - think if you work out the figure from filling up a full tank then you don't really need it.

I know I'm regulary returning 40+ per gallon so why bother with momentary view at a meter just when you put your foot down ?

I've been doing some more research, these look pretty good and more of what I was after: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270801672395&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

I've rarely had trouble getting things from HK. This is similar to the setup I used to have with a Pioneer head unit that had USB. Will find out more about them and report back.

I've been doing some more research, these look pretty good and more of what I was after: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270801672395&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

I've rarely had trouble getting things from HK. This is similar to the setup I used to have with a Pioneer head unit that had USB. Will find out more about them and report back.

Hi,

Think I have seen mention of similar units / prices for UK sourced ones in this forum - just search and I think you will soon find them.

Also see the 'Audio' forum of the site

Thanks - I've looked through there and found xcarlink.co.uk - have sent them an e-mail with a bunch of questions!