Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought My Daughters 17Th Birthday Present Aygo

MccLtd

Hi,

I have just purchased a 57 plate Blue 5 door Aygo for my daughters 17th Birthday.

She knows nothing about it and I have 3 weeks before her birthday.

Now its coming from a Toyota dealer and is in vgc but I would like to make it that bit more special.

Is there anything you guys can recommend to do to it?

( I am an ex vehicle technician so electrics and panel removals are easy )

Firstly I am putting parking sensors on it but what other mods are available.

I would like to put some front fogs on but cant find any info on this.

Can anyone help.

thanks,

Dave

the tte rear bumper skirt the tte roof spoiler and the tte front spats....you will also need the tte back box for it too(its a center exit)that makes the car look really good...

is TTE toyota stuff available from the dealer? that front and rear set up looks great! i take it you also need a new exhaust back box/pipe? any idea on prices etc? thanks!

yes mate you can get it from the local dealer ive fitted a few of these kits not too hard and yes you do need to change the back box..

i can find out prices mate..

I'd recommend doing nothing until you find out how much these modifications will add to the insurance, for a 17 year old I imagine they will already be sky high.

yes mate you can get it from the local dealer ive fitted a few of these kits not too hard and yes you do need to change the back box..

i can find out prices mate..

Yes if you have the time - we like the lot apart from the roof spoiler. Cheers

Well done on your choice for your daughters first car , i did the same two years ago, then the insurance in her name was £1300, i guess its gone up sine then for a new drive, wise words from other about extra premium on mods , maybe just mats , flaps and boot liner first :thumbsup:

it depends on were you live....also if you list it as a dealer option which it is some companys dont raise the premium........

i fitted the tte front bumper trd side skirts and trd rear skirt to my lexus told the insurance company who told me as it was a dealer option it has no affect on my premium....

Thanks for the replies.

Its a 57 plate Aygo Blue.

Does anyone know if their are push outs for the fog lights or do I have to get a new bumper?

As your car is a 57 plate, its pre facelift, two choices, fit the front fog lamps from the SPORT model , this involves cutting the holes in the bumper, or if still available or if UK spec, TTE fog lamps , they fit on the outer edges of the lower bumper grill .

Third choice, find a used bumper with fog lamps, you could also buy the later bumper, as i'm 99% sure it would fit.

thanks for the replies.

I shall go hunting and see what if I can find a aygo with fogs in a breakers yard.

The TTE foglights are a set with an alternate grille. They're VERY expensive.

The Facelifted bumper WILL fit, but you DO need some extra parts. AFAIK you need to replace

the inner airguides that sit left and right of the radiator (and condensor if you have A/C) too.

But that's second hand info to be honest.

Well done on your choice for your daughters first car , i did the same two years ago, then the insurance in her name was £1300, i guess its gone up sine then for a new drive, wise words from other about extra premium on mods , maybe just mats , flaps and boot liner first :thumbsup:

My first insurance quote was £3000+ for a woman it'll be cheaper. But leave it standard, stick some wheels on it and it'll be grand.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links