Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Compressor

andybst

I have always looked at performance cars that if you wanna play you will have to pay!

If you know what you are getting yourself into and expect certain problems to arise then all is good....ish

If you go in blind there is only disappointment around the corner

i completely agree with you mate, that's why i'm giving my advice to the guy looking to buy one, just so he knows the score.

don't get me wrong, i never expect to own and drive any car without problems arising, let alone a performance car, it's just that the guy asked if there were any common faults with the compressor and i wanted to give him an honest answer...

Spot on pal, tell it as it is, no ownership of a car is perfect by any means, I know this by my own experiences and by us all giving advice any future owners can go in eyes wide open, my only advice would be to take into account what everyone has said (good or bad) and put some cash to one side that will take care of any potential problems.

Mcchunkers, i didn't know you were having so much problems. I feel your pain mate. Mine has been near perfect apart from the shocks. But then again mine only had 19000 miles and had a lady owner.

Tbh it sounds like yours was givin a good beating rfrom the word go, and maybe wasn't beded in right? Where did you buy it from and whats millage?

Also in my opinion and alot of other people's the compressor is nicer looking than an ST, and stock for stock a compressor is faster.

Mcchunkers, i didn't know you were having so much problems. I feel your pain mate. Mine has been near perfect apart from the shocks. But then again mine only had 19000 miles and had a lady owner.

Tbh it sounds like yours was givin a good beating rfrom the word go, and maybe wasn't beded in right? Where did you buy it from and whats millage?

Also in my opinion and alot of other people's the compressor is nicer looking than an ST, and stock for stock a compressor is faster.

mate, i bought it 2 and half years ago in edinburgh and it was mint. it only had 11k on the clock and it was like new, my father who is a retired mechanic came with me to check it over before i bought it and he commented on how well it drove and how well it had been looked after. he also knows that i'm meticulous with my cars and seldom drive hard or 'push-on', so to speak. he's baffled as to why it's become such a lemon, but it has. he keeps telling me to get rid of it, and if i had the cash, i would...

ive had my compressor for 5 years and have no intention of getting rid and yes there is things i could moan about and i to have had shocker leaking issues but what car doesnt.i work for volkswagon and we have specific faults that occur on certain models of cars .like i say you can find faults on any vehicles if you look on forums cause its a place to try to find solutions to faults so you end up with lists of common faults.

i personally would recommend the compressor .upgrading the suspension when shocks go only improves the car so i don,t see it as a problem .

I like the compressors but they do have there faults. The reason why these faults are so pronounced is the fact that you can very rarely source parts easily for them and in a few years it will get harder.

From the word go it was assumed it would be up against the quicker hatches yet in essence in stock form it is maybe very slightly faster than a standard t-sport or a civic type r.

Not to mention inconsistent power, No intercooler as standard heat soak hampered performance and the lack of after market support. I will say this now however looking at prices a compressor to buy now is very well worth it, When i bought my t-sport a few years back a decent compressor was around 10k....Now you can pick up a mid mileage model for 5-6k. Well worth it but fuel bills are expensive and you then weigh up running cost for performance. This is where the VAG cars do excel....Economy engines with turbos. Torque and decent numbers with cars that easily produce 30mpg plus!

• Like 1

I like the compressors but they do have there faults. The reason why these faults are so pronounced is the fact that you can very rarely source parts easily for them and in a few years it will get harder.

From the word go it was assumed it would be up against the quicker hatches yet in essence in stock form it is maybe very slightly faster than a standard t-sport or a civic type r.

Not to mention inconsistent power, No intercooler as standard heat soak hampered performance and the lack of after market support. I will say this now however looking at prices a compressor to buy now is very well worth it, When i bought my t-sport a few years back a decent compressor was around 10k....Now you can pick up a mid mileage model for 5-6k. Well worth it but fuel bills are expensive and you then weigh up running cost for performance. This is where the VAG cars do excel....Economy engines with turbos. Torque and decent numbers with cars that easily produce 30mpg plus!

Agreed, but you never get tired of people asking what it is, or how nice the car is. I was extremely suprised specially after fitting TTE bumper.

Now i've never had problems with the heat affecting the performance, even though it does produce immense heat. I think personally the car is a hot hatch, on the streets. Am not sayin it will go around the nurburgring in 6min, but definitely a hot hatch. It is a fast car as standard.

0-60 is achievable in 6.2 or even 6 seconds dead am sure.

Will kill a standard type r no problem.

Faster than an ST focus till 4th gear.

faster than a VW GTI/GTD

keeps upto a mazda 6 mps till 60mph

Will probably be beaten by a vxr astra.

Please be aware none of the above was done in any sort of illegal street racing and all done within the speed limit of the road.

Point being most of the hot hatches that we see day to day are mentioned above, and from my own experience with mine it will easily sit with them them. That's why in my eyes the compressor is perfect hot hatch rare and fast! But please do remember it isn't cheap running....meeehhh. :D

I think hot hatches are generally expensive to run insure tax parts etc but the big ? Is do u want a common hatch that u see everywhere or do u want a cheeky limited run (1 of 250 made) compressor that u can say has a supercharger :D I got mine because they are rare and test drove it then had it within the week. I'm not saying other hatches are everyday but in the 2 n a half years i'v had mine nothing has went wrong and only seen 1 other! So take a lucky dip as with any car!

That twin screw supercharger must produce horrendous amounts of heat im sure a decent size intercooler would give 15-20bhp ? Id love a compressor as they don't have pushbike tyres like the T-sport <_< and the torque advantage midrange and being unique. I would like to know how much bhp the engine is loosing from driving the charger itself. :D

£2500 for a custome intercooler, plus remap. You'd also need a new pulley. Don't think its worth it for 30bhp tbh.

Anyone selling there intercooler? Lol

if your like me you find many great things on eBay and have a go yourself, the pullies are about £200ish quid i think don't quote me on that