Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Tr 2010 Handsfree

sb4

Hello,

Just bought a 2010 Avensis TR and i'm struggling to figure out if its possible to operate the telephone by voice control. The button is on the steering wheel, (next to the DISP button on the right hand side of the steering wheel) is it possible?

The owners manual talks about the 'Talk button' on page 363 but the SD navigation system owner's manual doesn't mention it.

Your help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to say, but no, it's not possible

I had a long battle with Toyota over this after my salesman "confirmed" it worked then when I picked my 2010 up last year found it did not. The dealer removed the wheel as they thought it should be working and checked but the button is not wired to anything and the TNS510 head unit does not support voice dialing.

It seems a batch of cars may well have left the factory with the wrong wheel fitted

Probably of no help to you but my car does support limited voice control of phone, satnav etc.

Mine has the hard drive so may be different to your car.

Probably of no help to you but my car does support limited voice control of phone, satnav etc.

Mine has the hard drive so may be different to your car.

T4 Premium system is totally different from the TNS510 in the TR mate.

I had a 2009 Avensis 2.0 D4D TR, I can confirm that one mine the voice activated dialling worked really well. Don't know if they changed anything for the 2010 model year though?

But then, I had an auto dip rear view mirror on mine which the TR wasn't supposed to have at that time.

But then, I had an auto dip rear view mirror on mine which the TR wasn't supposed to have at that time.

The T27 TR with the TNS510 Nav head unit 100% does not support it mate, However the The T27 without the TNS510 Nav unit (2009 model) Does support it. Toyota "upgraded" the TR with the TNS510 Nav unit for MY2010 and it lost voice dialing, you have to do virtually all phone related stuff from the touchscreen itself.