Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt5 Sat Nav

webleymk3

I understand why Mr T makes the controls on the Sat Nav grey out when your driving so your not tempted to tamper with it and crash your car into a field or something.. This is REALLY annoying on a number of levels... It even stops you from selecting a mobile phone from the already registered list of mobiles...

More frustratingly, I often travel with more than one person in the car and surely it's ok for them to adjust the Sat Nav, add phones, call numbers,.... etc etc etc...

So, is there a way of switching this off????

you cant really switch it off, but on my B9004 it is like that:

you can done it by disconnecting the SPD signal in the back of the radio (in the middle of the E57 5-pin connector)

but notice that this also means that the navigation will be much less accurate. i was thinking about to make a switch to turn it on/off when needed.

Hi,

It is possible to have access to everything on the move and I use this with a button on the dash. When I want full access I push a button and as soon as I have finished I push the button again. Incidentally depending upon the timing of when you do it you can leave it pushed in. I have forgotten how I did it but I think I just cut one wire and joined two others. The information is in this forum.

Good Luck David,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links