Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ts May Be Going

Phil01

Well had the TS for a few months now and done a few mods to it and tell you the truth I am finding it a wee bit boring, the only fun factor is the lift.

Not too happy with the nervous high speed instability, twircht cornering and high road noise and engine noise at motorway speeds and I have found it very tiresome on journeys as I do drive many miles in it, covered 6200 miles in just over 4mths ownership.

Dont get me wrong, its a good car but I am not truly happy with it, so this weekend I am going to view with the intention of swapping for a nice 1995 white UK spec Celica GT4 ST205 and with a nice TURBO, needs a tiny amount of work on a few interior trims like split arm rests in door cards but these can be got from local breakers for £35 the pair.

Be nice to have a car that handles like a proper sports car and with 250bhp on tap plenty of power, and to boost engine power more there is plenty of tuning options available that wont break the bank and I truly believe the ST205 will be a future classic as prices are slowly increasing.

That's a big shame but from a PFL I can understand.

The Celica will be a nice swap! :thumbsup:

KP

why has someone edited my post and taken out a complete sentence, there was really nothing in it that was wrong, illegal or promoting any wrongful activity. All I did was make a comment about I have seen T Sports for sale for around £1600 and it will only be a year or so before they drop to less than £1000, where as the GT4 is rising in value

can a mod please give a honest answer.

Thats a shame mate but again I understand where you are coming from, I couldn't use mine everyday if I had a lengthy motorway journey or suchlike to do all the time and I have spent a fair bit on improving the handling and suspension too. Thumbs up for the Celica they are a cracking car...good luck with the one you are looking at

why has someone edited my post and taken out a complete sentence, there was really nothing in it that was wrong, illegal or promoting any wrongful activity. All I did was make a comment about I have seen T Sports for sale for around £1600 and it will only be a year or so before they drop to less than £1000, where as the GT4 is rising in value

Maybe your post was edited to make it seem less like an advertisement for sale as this is not allowed by non subscribing members

Maybe your post was edited to make it seem less like an advertisement for sale as this is not allowed by non subscribing members

I saw the original post and I didn't think that at all.

If I did then I would have told someone but he was just telling us that he was going to get rid of the CTS.

And it was you wasn't it? :P ;)

KP

Nice of you to let the OP know you edited it. great moderating

Luke, dude, I have been here before don't bother kicking up about this one. Or just choose your moment! :lol:

KP

...............high road noise and engine noise at motorway speeds and I have found it very tiresome on journeys as I do drive many miles in it, covered 6200 miles in just over 4mths ownership.

That was my biggest complaint too... motorway noise levels. 6th gear should have been a far higher ratio even if it meant top speed was lower and achieved in 5th.

Good luck with the GT4... I went the other direction to a 1.33 Auris and I'd take that every time over the TS for a motorway journey.

I thought the FL CTS was very good on a cruise actually, however I never shied away from a cruise in any car - We had a V6 Hyundai Coupe with Bilsteins and she was great despite a solid ride! :lol:

KP

Might be different with everyday driving on the motorway but I offen make the four hour 220 mile journey up't north to see

My parent and I find the noise ok, even with my back box.

Dont even have the radio on most of the time.

I love the cts

I must agree, the CTS is a very good under rated car but I have good a wee bit bored with it now, done all the mods they dont cost the earth and I suppose im a bit old school 52yrs old now but still love cars and modding with a passion and having been a Toyota Master Tech for 28yrs and a Lexus MT since day one of the Launch back in 1990, the Celica still holds a certain Kudos with me. I was thing about a TT Supra but a little too big for everyday fun. I love power and torque and without breaking the bank there is little I can do to increase the performance levels of this highly strung 2ZZ, where as a proper old style Jap motor with the 3SGTE tuning is not an issue, you only have to look on eBay to see whats available and so much cheaper.

I will keep you informed on how it went on Sat, I might pull up and see it and think, "No thankyou" I stay in the TS.

I like my CTS but if I didn't have to pay silly money for insurance I'd probably have something faster/more fun

I do find the CTS to be a fantastic compromise between power and economy though, and for that reason I know I'll regret ever selling it

Either way let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Sad to hear that a t sport owner is jumping ship, your knowledge will be missed.

There'll be no one left on here before long, no one posts as it is.

One of the reasons i changed up aswell, Its alot of car for the money but i used to hate going on long journeys in the car or with a few passengers as it was slightly uncomfy with lowered suspension, Noisy on the motorway 70mph in 6th gear and the RPM is like 4.5k, Lack of torque was another regardless of increased power the poor torque band and figures made it very bland to drive when pottering about town.

Farhan your A3 looks well smart :thumbsup:

and that's coming from a proper jap lover :lol:

Cheers dude! dont worry im still hard core jap tooo. I was contemplating a DC5 Teg but then i will miss torque so i found a solution possibly. (I like my hatches!)

eek.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

L-SCHLEGS7.jpg

Very nice :)

I thought you were getting a TDI 170 though?

1.8 TFSI FTW :lol:

+1

his a3 looks awesome, i really did like his t sport though

and that impreza does look like business aha

cant wait till i get my first proper fast jap car laugh.gif

The Scoob looks very nice :thumbsup: as would a DC5... not sure which I would have.. tuff one that.

The Scoob looks very nice :thumbsup: as would a DC5... not sure which I would have.. tuff one that.

a DC5 may get tiresome to drive after a while in everyday life but it would be great fun when revving the nuts off it thumbsup.gif

Impreza will be a good all rounder :)

Sorry to hear you might be getting rid of the Rolla Phil. I had hoped to make it over to see it at some point, as was gonna use your mods as a template for mine.

Don't suppose you fancy another blast round Brands with me before you trade it?

@ veracity, drop me a pm anytime mate, im around if you still want me to pop over to see you.

Well drove 195 miles up to stoke on trent to view the GT4 on Saturday, driving up there at 75-80mph and at 4200rpm the constant drone of engine/road/tyre noise became so tiring, I suppose coming from a Lexus IS300 down to the TS it would be noisy,

when I got there the GT$ was filthy, covered in green slime after standing for over a year, flat tyres and a flat Battery but being a positive type of guy I couls see thro this and got it fired up in seconds, no smoke or knocks and a lovely steady idle.

Went for a road test and instantly wanted it, did a straight swap for my TS and managed to get a bit of cash my way as I did find a few things wrong with it.

Rust on lower edge of O/S door being the major fault,

Drove it home and what a far nicer motorway car than the TS,

Got it home and it did look a mess with all the green mould growing from it, but on the positive side it is a true UK registered car with a few mods, Baileys dump valve, K&N panel filter, £500 mongoose cat back, exedy fast road clutch and even 10 yr old neon lighting that still worked after finding the wires when fitting new HU,

Spent the whole day on sunday cleaning it, painting the spoiler riser blocks black, front LED lighting, rear LED flashing brake lights and tail lights, LED interior lighting and spent hrs cleaning the rear end,

Need to replace rusty door and some paint work, but in my opinion a true Jap classic car that will defo increase in value.

What surprises me the most is the amount of people ho look at the car, passengers in cars do a double take looking at it, glad I got it now and the feelof the turbo on boost is awesome, and I will never get bored of that phisshhh from dump vlve

Keep you updated on progress

DSC_0011-2.jpg

DSC_0007-Copy.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-9.jpg

file-16.jpg

file-18.jpg

Very smart, good work. I looked at buying one before I went with a Subaru, was scared away by too many horror stories of figure 8's breaking and weak suspension. Saying that, you pays your money and you takes your chances - hopefully yours is a good one.

Oh and get rid of the neons :!Removed!: