Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Led's

msprince

Items required:

LED strip lights,

Wire ( i used speaker cable),

Soldering iron + solder (crimp connectors will do aswel),

There are two ways you can do this:

Run a fused feed from the Battery with a relay switched from an igniton live or connect the LED's up to the cig lighter.

I chose to hook them up to my cig light with a fuse (im being safe but not needed) and switch (just incase i want them off).

I checked that running my lights off my cig lighter wont overload the fuse and wiring prior to doing this.

Ok so what you want to do is check the wire is long enough to reach from the cig lighter to where you will be placing the LED strips.

Remove the passenger and drivers kick panel under the dash so you can run the wires behind the dash.

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

Remove the gear stick gaitor and plastic surround.

Stick the LED strips the where you are having them, i went for on the kick panels for the front and two sets on each seat rail in the rear, i ran the wires for the rear under the centre console which is easy to access as you have removed the gear stick gaitor and plastic surround.

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

Run the wires up to the cig lighter, when your happy with that you have enough cablee to hook them all up its time to connect them up.

This is what your looking for the connector for the cig lighter.

DSC_0507.jpg

First find the positive wire of the LED's ( put the two wires onto + an - if it doesnt work switch the wires.

I soldered all the LED strip wires together then bared both the + an - wires of the cig lighter and soldered all the LED stripes to the cig lighter wires (a similar effect can be had by using the crimp connectors).

This is what i ended up with.

DSC_0510.jpg

Now when you turn on the ignition the lights will come on (position 1 + 2) and go off when the key is put to postion 0.

This is just a quick guide and how i have done it to my past three cars and four mates cars.

If you need some pics up ill need to take some at a later date.

If there is any mistakes let me know.

• Like 1

It sounds complicated but im sure with the pics it will be a lot easier too understand. Will be waiting on these pics so i could install mine cheers mate fir the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi msprince, have you got any pics of installation yet?

cheers mate :)

Damn it, knew i was meant to be doing something.

Big apolagies, im cleaning my car tomoz so ill take them while im there.

Damn it, knew i was meant to be doing something.

Big apolagies, im cleaning my car tomoz so ill take them while im there.

no rush mate :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What did or how did you connect the switch I understand the rest. If you have a picture or if you can explain.

How would I no which one is positive have you got a picture off the switch so I could see what sort off switch I would need.

So how do I connect up this switchwith the wiring, could you please explain cheers. I just want too double check..!

Cheers msprince for all the advice on the footwell LEDs. Iv managed too get it all done. Thanks for all the info&help.

Let me get the front tte bumper on then I'll get a thread done with all my pictures.