Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gt4 Mods

Jonny0069

What do you think, 3 is better than 2.5?

If I install downpipe and also gut the cat, wouldn't be any advantage to increase bhps?

Thanks

You cant install a downpipe and gut the cat. You either have a cat or a downpipe, you cant have both as they go in the same place.

3" pipework is always better than 2.5" but the Auzzie Downpipe only comes in one size which i believe is 3".

From the engine the exhaust system is made up of these parts -

1. Manifold

2. Turbo

3. Cat/Downpipe

4. Flexipipe

5. Exhaust

@Leeky

Subaru Impreza STi Alloy wheels by 'OZ Racing',,,,,,

what centre bore size are the scooby rims you have fitted?

I have some scooby 18s and the Centre bore size is 56.1 where as toyota hub size is 54.1 and I am finding it hard to get +2mm spigots

Phil - I had the same issue. Mine are the standard Scooby centre bore too which is believe is 56.1 like you say. Its pretty much impossible to get spigots that thin, so i just havent bothered using them.

As far as im aware though, spigots are only used to centre the wheel and arent actually for taking the load of the cars weight against the hub rim.

I've asked lots of people on many forums about it and they've all said that its perfectly safe to run a rim that doesnt sit on the lip as long as you know its centred properly.

Luckly i have 60 degree tappered seat nuts which locate the wheel perfectly as you tighten them up.

5000 miles and 4 laps of the Nurburgring since putting on these wheels - not a single issue :)

• 8 months later...

If I install aftermarket ECU like AEM FIC, will it have a fuelcut above 18 psi?

• 1 month later...

anything over 18psi on stock internals is no good piston melting territory just like leeky said best way is forged pistons im in the process of completely forging my gt4 stay safe otherwise youl have a big hole in your pocket..i ran 17 psi and cracked 2 and 4 piston on my st185rc engine was mint only 70k get some breathing mods downpipe,exaust,air filter,and a boost controler recommend 1.1 bar for safety you should easily see 300hp anything over will cost alot more money..im spending 4k on my gt4 looking around 400hp for now and maybe 500+ in future

my friends st205 is running similar power but has not turned boost up and is still quick

Doesn't the ct20b have a ceramic wheel that is bigger than a ct26?