Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav - Updating

Arifax

If you think you have problems in England try crossing the Channel and driving in France. All the place names are spoken by a beautiful girl in an accent so French that even SWMBO, who has a good ear for these things, mistook Paris (pronounced parree) for Barry (pronounced barree).

(How do I know the girl is beautiful? With a voice like her's she must be. ;) )

If you think you have problems in England try crossing the Channel and driving in France. All the place names are spoken by a beautiful girl in an accent so French that even SWMBO, who has a good ear for these things, mistook Paris (pronounced parree) for Barry (pronounced barree).

(How do I know the girl is beautiful? With a voice like her's she must be. ;) )

Strange that, the same girl gets in my car now and again... Agreed she is gorgeous :thumbsup:

I decided when I got my Prius in August that I would wait for the 2011 disk to update from 06 which is what came with the car, to remove the stationary-only lock and get the many updates for France (I travel over there a fair bit). I'm not going to renew every year, but after 5 years, it's worth a quick revive I feel!

So a quick note for those (like me) who have been waiting for the 2011 disk to be released, it just has been and is available from www.toyota-mapupdates.eu

Ordered mine and looking forward to removing Nanny from the car! I wonder if I'll be able to dial my phone with the new update too...? Here's hoping.

I must already have this installed in my 2011 Prius, which I collected in early September, as I've never had the stationary-only lock on the nav. I can also dial any number from the phone screen while moving.

I must already have this installed in my 2011 Prius, which I collected in early September, as I've never had the stationary-only lock on the nav. I can also dial any number from the phone screen while moving.

This was a Gen II feature. Thankfully Gen III lets you decide when it's safe.

• 4 months later...

Have one original, used E11 (2008-2009) sat-nav disc set that I am thinking of selling.

Four discs covering Europe:

86271-0W061/60W361 (West)

86271-0W071/60W371 (Central)

86271-0W081/60W381 (North)

86271-0W092/60W392 (East)

75 quids (including postage by SD). Let me know if anyone's interested.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links