Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Spray Paint For Toyota Aygo Platinum

o-chloe-o

post-91186-0-74145600-1314709307_thumb.j

Hi everyone

I had a little scrape this morning - well at least I thought it was quite little until I had a look!!! I have taken the paint of the front left bumper and down near the whell arch :ffs: :help:

Basically my other half reckons he can fix it as its not deep and just surface scratches - but where on earth do I get the paint to match mine? Its an Aygo Platinum - Silver Crystal Metallic. Has anyone had a similar experience - did you get it fixed at a Toyota dealer? I am reluctant to do so as I am pretty skint!!!!

Any advice more than welcome, thanks all!

:thumbsup: Welcome to TOC

Sorry to hear of your misfortune - there but for the grace..... etc

I suspect the only place you will get an exact match is either a bodyshop or a Toyota dealer.... Halfords probably won't stock it, and even if they do it won't be a perfect match....

Good luck

Google for your local bodyshop supplies or motor paint factors.

They usually supply to trade but most will make up an aerosol of your paint code and do a cash sale over the counter.

They will also supply all the abrasives and body filler you might need and will be much cheaper than Halfords etc.

p.s. Don't forget a can of clear lacquer too.

:thumbsup:

Google for your local bodyshop supplies or motor paint factors.

They usually supply to trade but most will make up an aerosol of your paint code and do a cash sale over the counter.

They will also supply all the abrasives and body filler you might need and will be much cheaper than Halfords etc.

p.s. Don't forget a can of clear lacquer too.

Thanks for the advice. Local garage quoted £200 to fix - told him to forget it!

My other half has had a good look at it and as long as we can get the spray to match he reckons it wont be a problem - said something about rubbing down gently with wet and dry cloth then spraying in a wind proof area.

I have no idea I will let him carry on. I will try and google local places as you suggested -thanks.

I am in Surrey if anyone knows of any good places in Chertsey/Staines/Woking area etc?

Thanks again!

sorry forgot to say also, how will I know what my paint code is? Is it in the car manual somewhere? :blink:

There should be a color code on a sticker in one of the doors. On LHD cars it's in the

rear passenger door (or front on a 3dr), not sure of that's switched over for RHD cars...

Judging from your Photo your car is Satin Silver (color names differ between countries, even

though the color IS the same), which would be color code <1E7> according to my documentation.

Try here http://www.paints4u.com/AutoColours.aspx?ProductID=5020

Enter the year, manufacturer, "silver" and the paint code. I've had paint from them in the past and it's been spot on for colour. Select "Touch Up" from the left side list.

£11.99 for a 400ml aerosol. I don't know how that compares to Toyota's own though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links