Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Birthday Girl

Sagitar

My Prius is two years old tomorrow and is booked for its second service.

I thought I would give it a birthday wash today and take a snap for record purposes.

20110901Prius.jpg

I did mine yesterday, they really look the bees knees when just done....

My first service is due in 2 weeks (already booked!)

Nice car Sagitar

It looks like new!

Happy birthday to her! :toast:

Thanks. The service went without incident and all seems to be well. However, I have just read the other thread that speaks of the "wrong oil" issue raising its head again and of course it raises doubts in ones mind. I cleared the "which oil" question with the dealer when the car was serviced a year ago and it did not strike me that I might need to raise the matter again.

I shall be talking to them again later this morning anyway, because they forgot to complete the service record, so the question will get asked once more.

Nice car Sagitar

It looks like new!

Happy birthday to her! :toast:

Thanks. The service went without incident and all seems to be well. However, I have just read the other thread that speaks of the "wrong oil" issue raising its head again and of course it raises doubts in ones mind. I cleared the "which oil" question with the dealer when the car was serviced a year ago and it did not strike me that I might need to raise the matter again.

I shall be talking to them again later this morning anyway, because they forgot to complete the service record, so the question will get asked once more.

Dare i ask the cost of the 2 service ? Mines due shortly

Do you have a service plan Sagitar? Our car is not due for service yet but everything should be covered by the service plan when it does come due. I can understand your concern about the oil. I did check at our local dealer and was told OW20 is the only oil they use on the Prius Gen 3.

Service costs for mine to date:

• 10k £128
  • 20k £171
  • 30k £64 (excl oil)
  • 40k £155 (excl oil)
  • 50k £67 (excl oil)

I supplied my own oil for the last three services, which saves around £20-£30 a time

• Like 1

Wow, Ancient Nerd, 60,000 miles in two years! :eek:

What on earth do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

It's not easy to say. I have a three service plan that was negotiated as part of the original purchase price.

Looking at the dealer's information, such a plan seems to cost about £580 including VAT

The service that I had yesterday included brake fluid and pollen filter changes, so is probably a bit more expensive than the other two. It took an hour and a half to complete so I would guess around £200 including fluids and parts.

I did incidentally ask about the grade of oil used and was assured that it was 0W20.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links