Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help...where's My Boost

pdodds

Please help, my st205 GT4 is experiencing boost problems. It only happens sometimes, especially when it's wet, and the car will only boost to around 3/4 on the gauge. I can switch the engine off, wait a while, start it back up again and it will be fine. Anyone any ideas please???? :huh:

The ECU in the ST205 will not allow full boost if it detects any thing that is not in its paremeters. for example if the engine is not up to temperature, or its too hot etc it will limit the boost to protect the engine. You could have a dodgy sensor somewhere?

Have you checked for error codes?

Does the car have any modifications from standard?

It sounds like the Turbo VSV is not functoning but could be many things. :)

For sure. I had this problem and was told that the intake temp was occasionally getting too hot. Then again that I have an air to air (top mount intercooler) so i threw a fan on it to make it do its job properly and that was the end of those problems. I also experienced the same problem on my GT-Z Levin which needed to be switched off and then on again which did the job. With the water to air I'd say that other member hit it on the head with the sensor problems, definately the cheapest place to start. That's if it is getting up to temp. cos they won't boost til they're warm.

Cheers guys, as far as I know, the car has no modifications from standard. The temp. gauge shows the car getting up to temperature as normal. Is the best way to find these sensor problems to take it to a main dealer and hook it up to their computer?