Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Spirit Phonebook - Android Phone

Arifax

Tried to copy the entire phone book from my android (HTC Desire S) phone to the Prius last night.

The Prius would allow me to send the contacts one at a time, or upload the whole lot in one go. There is no facility on the phone to send them all, so I got an app (recommended all over the place on the web) called "bluetooth File Transfer" which offers to transfer pretty well anything anywhere, and has a purpose built facility to transfer contacts.

On the first attempt, it seemed to transfer all of the contacts but made nearly a hundred entries for the man we don't use any more to cut hedges. The process of deleting the surplus is painfully slow. I had hardly scratched the surface after fifteen minutes, when I realise that nearly all my work contacts had been omitted.

So I deleted the whole phonebook from the Prius, deleted the otiose hedge man from the phone and tried again.

This time we had duplicates for an electrician who we do use, but not often enough to justify about 200 entries. All my work contacts were there, but my entire family had been omitted (not necessarily bad news in every instance.)

It's always the principle of the thing that gets me. It only took a couple of minutes to put the half dozen numbers I really need onto the Prius one by one. But I still want to know if anyone has managed to get a whole Android phonebook onto the Prius and, if so, how.

And why does the screen only let you enter data in upper case when it happily accepts the transfer of lower case stuff and displays it correctly?

Geoff

Geoff

Following your post, I downloaded "bluetooth File Transfer" onto my phone (HTC Wildfire) and sent the contacts to my Prius (Spirit 06/56). It worked first time and without the duplicate problem you have had. The only duplicate entries I have is where I have more than 2 numbers for a contact on the phone, in which case, the Prius creates a second entry to take the third number.

All I can suggest is deleting the whole phone book on the Prius and making sure your phone contacts list is up to date, then rebooting the phone before trying again.

Sorry I can't be much more help, but thought you'd like to know that it can work ok...

James

With my iPhone, I ended up syncing my address book with my computer. Then syncing it to an old sony ericsson phone. I then used that phone to copy all of my numbers to the Prius.