Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedhumps

Steve

Something has to be done about traffic humps? Has anyone had any problems with their tyres or suspension?

Some of these are really dangerous or annoying for homeowners living near one. I used to live near a speed hump and got fed up with hearing cars going over these and cars undersides being scraped. The whole neighbourhood is plagued with the bloody things!

We have the type of speed humps that strangely enough allow buses,emergency services to be able to place there wheels either side of the hump and cleverly enough so do most cars :unsure: .

The only ones that have problems are 3 wheelers and the lowered cars around here which really struggle.

The biggest problem is not the speed hump but the fact that the weight of the buses makes the kerb side of the road/speed hump deteriorate to the point that they create potholes and this causes the damage to vehicles instead :crybaby:

<p> Something has to be done about traffic humps? Has anyone had any problems with their tyres or suspension?</p><p>Some of these are really dangerous or annoying for homeowners living near one. I used to live near a speed hump and got fed up with hearing cars going over these and cars undersides being scraped. The whole neighbourhood is plagued with the &#33;Removed&#33; things!</p>

Thank god you don't live in Islington :yes: , i think i'm right in saying that they have more speed humps per mile than anywhere else in London, and probably anywhere else on the planet come to think of it :wacko: , these things cost me a small fortune every year, i'm forever having to have the suspension and associated parts repaired on my cab, another problem is tail gaiting, the suspension on the cab is quite hard and you really have to tackle the speed humps slowly, all this does is enrage the drivers behind who become impatient and drive right on your bumper revving their engines and flashing their headlights, quite a lot of drivers will overtake on the wrong side of the road then drive off over the humps at speed :censor: .

Let 'em; They'll soon be needing new exhausts and undertrays :lol:

I know what you mean tho', I mostly work in Haringey which is right next door, and they are speed-hump mad AND they don't maintain their roads so you often get this ruinously high speedhumps followed by a massive pothole...

I witnessed some guy loose a wheel to one of those before :eek:

The clunk and scrape of exhausts going over these things is very common.

One reason I'm glad about my Yaris' comedic ground clearance :yahoo:

(Although I still get nose-scrapes over some of the higher and sharper speed-humps unless I 1st gear+ idle over them! :crybaby:)

The ironic thing is the people htht drive wrecklesly and don't care about their cars just razz over then anyway!

We don't need speed humps where I live, they just leave the potholes! The old road surface then acts like a giant speed bump....

If you make the humps out of rioters people wouldn't complain about driving over them ...

Ladies dislike speedhumps :rolleyes: unless followed immediately by a slowhump :lol:

They are very particular about their undercarriages :yes:

The most ridiculous ones I've come across are on the road to one of our largest Hospitals :angry: An Ambulance with a life or death case aboard trying to go slowly over one??? :eek: Granted they are ones with room to have the hump in the middle & wheels on either side, but this doesn't always work

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links