Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor Running Too Rich

etihad

Hi all, i've been advised that my compressor is running rich. You can clearly smell the petrol if you give it abit of gas and stand behind it. There is no smell inside the car. Also the exhausts do go black. I was told that's the excessive carbon because it's running rich

Am wondering is this normal? Am i wasting petrol and is it effecting the power?

Thanks in advance.

Mine is the same mate but I'm on a rolling road in October so they should be able to tell on that whether mine is the same

Its forced induction so as soon as the SC kicks in, you want a rich fuel ratio otherwise you can say bye bye to your cylinder walls.

more compressor problems - what a surprise! my one is the same and has been for a couple of months. have you noticed a dip in power at all?

I dunno if its a problem. The power is fine, its been like that since i have bought it, thats why am not too bothered so was just confirming its normal.

cnt say my compressor has ever smelt rich, but with my luck lol....................................... headlights

I don't honestly know if mine is running rich/lean or whatever, but i know moddifying your car makes them run either way until you get the fuelling sorted. From what nrgizer said i would rather it was running rich lol

if your compressor was running excesivley rich your engine light would most likely be on cos it would detect excess hyrdocarbons after the cat and put your light on .a lot of cars emissions can smell abit doesn,t allways mean theres a fault could just be the cat heating up.mine smells a bit at times and i check for fault codes every now and then and no faults so i wouldn,t worry .like you say get a quick emissions test just to check .