Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Last Iq Recall, Question

wez_kc

Hi all was just wondering if everyone now has probably been notified of the last Recall? When it was first announced I checked out the Toyota website and discovered that mine was one of the affected models. I then waited for the letters to be sent out, I've never received a letter or any phone calls from my dealer about it? Should I look into it or is my car probs unaffected as I surely would have been contacted? Want my £20 m&s voucher haha and piece of mind of course!

Hi all was just wondering if everyone now has probably been notified of the last Recall? When it was first announced I checked out the Toyota website and discovered that mine was one of the affected models. I then waited for the letters to be sent out, I've never received a letter or any phone calls from my dealer about it? Should I look into it or is my car probs unaffected as I surely would have been contacted? Want my £20 m&s voucher haha and piece of mind of course!

I thought that not all the iQ's were effected...

But anyway ..... the "goodwill (the ~), kindness (the ~), friendliness (the ~), amiability (the ~), geniality (the ~), heartiness (the ~)" of Toyota, with this 20,- voucher and chocolate and/or flowers....... is really of an unknown proportion compare to our Dutch country...

With a lot of pain and trouble some dealers agreed in (with no costs) lending the owner a car for the time that the car was under repair. This was with the steering-wheel problem over here. Also my car needed relining after that.

Think I might Ormi! I think my letter must have got lost as I know it was most Of the first batches of IQs that were effected.

Dentist, they quite willing to offer a courtesy car at my dealers, and so they should if there's a Recall.

I never got a letter from VOSA/Toyota and I have had mine done. I just took it in there myself

Saying that I never got the £20 voucher/flowers etc. Do you have a private plate? wondering if thats why they dont send me the vouchers/letters etc, although Im sure they have my personalised reg on file as I have had it on there for two years!

Will be writing in to head office about the £20 voucher though haha!

Think I might Ormi! I think my letter must have got lost as I know it was most Of the first batches of IQs that were effected.

Dentist, they quite willing to offer a courtesy car at my dealers, and so they should if there's a Recall.

Thanks..

And I really think it's this Toyota Dealer who does this. We have been with this dealer for many cars.. (The Wife had a blue Verso first and has now a silver gray Verso automatic.... I had a Avensis Verso and then the Previa Exec Aut.(full options). And now the iQ.

To show you the aggravating and irritating way they work.. I have a sample here next:

When I bought the iQ I got a voucher of €25 or €50 in buying accessories. This to be traded in, when I managed to get an other person to buy a Toyota.

Well... what happened .. my brother in law bought a Auris Full Hybrid.. and I was the one who made him do so, by putting his attention to a new car when he was complaining about his thirsty old Citroen C5 Station-wagon. The salesman from Toyota was with this all happening.. so he knew me well.

Anyways .... one day I wanted mud-flaps in front and back and I showed the voucher / to get the reduction in the price.

At that moment I mentioned the voucher............everybody in the shop (6 feet away from me) fell to a sudden silence... BOING... "Oh no, it's that voucher issue again.. and everybody went on with something else. Like: "we don't belong here la la la ..." I got really a little ****** and showed my anger...No compliance or such at all... so I said in angry tone to the same salesman (whom I was when the car was bought) "here is the card and please sort it out... because this is really very unfair".

I got an email about 5 weeks later, after my immediately written letter to him and his Boss..and after my second letter (because of no reaction)and some weeks after the last reaction from me.

That he invited me to his place to let him explain what was going on. I replied that he could only react by giving a positive answer on the voucher. Next letters to Toyota Head-office and the Boss again. The main Toyota management said it was an issue for the local Dealer... :ffs:

I was (and am) really very angry about such a gross way to treat a client...

Anyway, that said and done ..... I am now away there and gone to an other Toyota Dealer.

Greets, :yes:

Peter

• 2 months later...

Peter, it sounds like you did the right thing there, going to another dealer. I have had a few problems with my dealer -well, where I bought the car from, mostly to do with the time it took them to do things. Also, the amount of phone calls I had to make as when I was told 'I'll call you back,' they never did. All things have been sorted that I know about, but you just have to keep on at them. Stay polite, allow them to think you are not angry with them, and be nice, and it can work in your favour.

Of course, I realise from the other Thread's on this Forum that it's not always the case, that they will comply eventually. Also that 'compliance' is not enough if you have to keep on at them to do their job. Until 'buying' a Toyota, I always thought they were good at dealer/customer relations. But then, I was wrong. :o

Hi Bob

I think its down to dealership, My Dealership has its limitations, mainly the mechanics. they have very little or no electronic knowledge , they no nothing about multi-media. but they are good for things I have asked for like lowering spring replacement, recall work went well (there others on here who have had "spongy" brakes afterwards and loss of brake fluid completely) The Admin was second to none and the spares staff are excellent .So for me its a different story. Sorry to hear how yours went.

I know, or have seen your dealership as I visit Whitstable quite a bit through the summers working for Redsands Radio in whitstable harbour. There is a a pic or two of me on their web site in the studio redsandsradio.co.uk

David

Firstly, apologies for going off topic.

Well Tarquin. Firstly, I'm not a touchy guy. In other words, you haven't offended me by what you said, why would I be right? So, what I write next is not having a pop at anyone, nor do I feel I need to defend my comments on Toyota as a whole, just to set the record straight really.

I wasn't slagging off my dealer. I only base my opinion on what I have experienced so far in my dealings with Motorline Toyota, Broad Oak Road in Canterbury. I have dealt with Ian Turner, a nice bloke from what I can tell over the phone. I believe it's other people that have let him down. Our car was put on a transporter (three or four vehicle type) and driven up to Shropshire. Partly my fault as I was so smitten when I saw our car, that I forgot to check it all over. I had to wait for the driver to take it off the truck firstly before I could look over the bodywork. Aside from road grime and a few squished flies, it seemed fine. Later I spotted -on hand cleaning- the stone chips on the front of the car. I thought it's only to be expected for an almost two year old motor, and felt some polish and TLC will clear that up -still to do.

Then, later when considering winter tyre purchase, I noticed the state of the front tyres. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed their condition, almost bald, and to me they looked illegal.

I took some advice from Kingo and took photos of the worn tyres and sent them to Ian. He passed the photo's to their maintenance manager -I think- and then I received a cheque for the price of two summer tyres. So, although there have been problems, what with lots of phone calls and so on to sort the issues out (Log book missing, received new one- Tyres, when would the vehicle be delivered -problems with an answer from their delivery people and so on). I have yet to experience the Toyota servicing special, but overall, I feel neutral about Mr. T at the moment. Also, on another forum topic about recalls, I discovered (01:47) today that my iQ needed the required fix. I called the dealer this morning and found out to my relief that it was done on the 4th August and there are no outstanding recalls to complete.

My opinion of them is slowly improving, just a shame they don't communicate as well as the people on this iq Forum do. PS: Thanks for the PDF on the iQ rear Skirt.

Firstly, apologies for going off topic.

Well Tarquin. Firstly, I'm not a touchy guy. In other words, you haven't offended me by what you said, why would I be right? So, what I write next is not having a pop at anyone, nor do I feel I need to defend my comments on Toyota as a whole, just to set the record straight really.

I wasn't slagging off my dealer. I only base my opinion on what I have experienced so far in my dealings with Motorline Toyota, Broad Oak Road in Canterbury. I have dealt with Ian Turner, a nice bloke from what I can tell over the phone. I believe it's other people that have let him down. Our car was put on a transporter (three or four vehicle type) and driven up to Shropshire. Partly my fault as I was so smitten when I saw our car, that I forgot to check it all over. I had to wait for the driver to take it off the truck firstly before I could look over the bodywork. Aside from road grime and a few squished flies, it seemed fine. Later I spotted -on hand cleaning- the stone chips on the front of the car. I thought it's only to be expected for an almost two year old motor, and felt some polish and TLC will clear that up -still to do.

Then, later when considering winter tyre purchase, I noticed the state of the front tyres. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed their condition, almost bald, and to me they looked illegal.

I took some advice from Kingo and took photos of the worn tyres and sent them to Ian. He passed the photo's to their maintenance manager -I think- and then I received a cheque for the price of two summer tyres. So, although there have been problems, what with lots of phone calls and so on to sort the issues out (Log book missing, received new one- Tyres, when would the vehicle be delivered -problems with an answer from their delivery people and so on). I have yet to experience the Toyota servicing special, but overall, I feel neutral about Mr. T at the moment. Also, on another forum topic about recalls, I discovered (01:47) today that my iQ needed the required fix. I called the dealer this morning and found out to my relief that it was done on the 4th August and there are no outstanding recalls to complete.

My opinion of them is slowly improving, just a shame they don't communicate as well as the people on this iq Forum do. PS: Thanks for the PDF on the iQ rear Skirt.

Hi Bob

No problem I consider myself lucky that the dealership near me has been good but like i said there are people on here who have had terrible problems. It happens in all walks of life, Tesco's in Beckton east London is a nightmare to shop staff are appalling whereas in Harllow Totally worlds apart and have been known to travel 20 miles for good service.

David

I know exactly what you mean about same company different service standards. Lots of examples as you have said already. I noticed, oddly enough I was in Tesco Shrewsbury- yesterday and a number of the staff looked like someone had just dropped a !Removed! under their noses. Mostly though, as I shop between Welshpool and Shrewsbury (at different times of course) and find that mostly the staff are polite and cheery in both stores. In Newtown (over in Powys) however, some are quite surly looking, like this is their day job but at night, they are drunken scum looking for trouble. Okay, I was maybe a bit harsh there, but you know what I mean. :blink:

I know exactly what you mean about same company different service standards. Lots of examples as you have said already. I noticed, oddly enough I was in Tesco Shrewsbury- yesterday and a number of the staff looked like someone had just dropped a !Removed! under their noses. Mostly though, as I shop between Welshpool and Shrewsbury (at different times of course) and find that mostly the staff are polite and cheery in both stores. In Newtown (over in Powys) however, some are quite surly looking, like this is their day job but at night, they are drunken scum looking for trouble. Okay, I was maybe a bit harsh there, but you know what I mean. :blink:

That did make me laugh.

Now I know M&S are more expensive and I'm not being snobby nor am I loaded. But the experience is worlds apart.Ask the average bod in some grocery retail outlets, where an item is and they will randomly point and say its over there . If your lucky you might get an Aisle number. Ask a M&S employee and they will take you to the item and make sure you are satisfied that you have found what you are looking for before leaving and saying " Is there anything else I can help you with?) Proper customer service. For me Apple is second to none and immensely efficient. All off topic but you know.

David

Same for me David... ha ha

And YES... Apple sucks.... I love my Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro telephone...It has.... AND Android latest... AND does exactly the same as Apple's iPhone 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 4s...bla bla bla...(even more... it has Flash ha ha ) ... and it's faster... and it's smaller... and it's cheaper... NO iTunes commitment... ha ha :yes:

No I do NOT need a tablet... and certainly NOT an Apple... and YES I have enough money :yahoo:

Sorry for the offtopic... got carried away...

Let me see...

On-topic...

Ehh... yes service can be better in "cheaper" stores... NO arrogance what so ever.. We have HEMA / ALDI / LIDL / WEHKAMP / ZEEMAN / ACTION / GAMMA / KWANTUM / PRAXIS / etc etc...

There service is very good... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links