Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gt4 Remap

Jonny0069

Hi a couple of friends of mine are getting their cars remapped in the next 2 weeks. I have been offered to remap mine along with them however am unsure as I read somewhere that I can`t remap mine without changing the ecu and tbh I don`t have a clue as this is my first gt4.

Help would be appreaciated along with potential power gains if this is possible. As my previous post stated my car is totally standard appart from induction kit and dumpvalve so would it be best to wait untill I get a decat and additional mode before remapping or just forget the remap and get a boost controller?

I only get about 230miles to £70 at the moment so hope it helps economy.

No you're totally right, you cannot remap the standard ecu.

You'll need an aftermarket ecu or a piggyback for your standard ecu - something like a Unichip.

230miles to a full tank is poor. I get at least 330 from a full tank. On a long motorway journey off boost i've had near 400miles from a full tank.

I would recommend a full service if you havent already had one done, including all drivetrain fluids. Also make sure you have the correct tyre pressures (i believe 34-35psi is Toyota's recommendation but i run 38psi Nitrogen all round). Lastly make sure your geometry is spot on. The difference is like night and day. The car will use less fuel and drive so much better for it. I use Merityre as their Lazer 4 wheel alignment has always done me good and been spot on every time.

Wow Im getting a lot less than I should then. I have been driving it reasonibly sensible as well and still get that figure I need to sort it asap then. I am getting it looked at this week in case there is a pipe lose or something that could affect anything makeing it run rich.

I do need new tyres so that might be a contributing factor also so let`s hope once I have everything sorted it`s a different animal :-D

If your tyres are worn out and will fail the next MOT then yes you should change them.

As they get closer to bald they will affect fuel economy.

Mine are also snow and ice tyres and the grip during acceleration is pathetic especially in the wet I have stopped using the car in the wet when I can as it`s 2 twichy so I am on a mission to sort new wheels for it asap as I belive it to be the most important thing

Mine are also snow and ice tyres

This is why your fuel economy is so bad. If you get some proper summer tyres on the car you'll get far better mpg.

Ahhhh I see I thought it was a lot to do with that mine are nearly bold as well so even worse id imagine.

I have decided to get new alloys for the car but I can`t decide what size to get 17 or 18 I have read that I need 35 profile with 18" but I think this would be way to low could I get away with 40 or 45 profile or is it a defo no.

cheers and sorry for all the questions

well im running 17" with a 225/45/17 tyre with 4 years and never had a problem

That`s what im considering as well but I can`t get rid of the feeling that 18`s will look just that bit better but can`t find a reason to justify the extra expence

Do you think 19`s will fit as I have seen a nice set reasonalbly cheap but im sure they are to big ???

16/17 is the perfect size for a celica. 18 ruins the handling.

Hmmmm I was woried about that I`ll shop about and see what I find. I though they would have improved it with better traction but the weight probs does spoil it and the Celica is`nt a light car already so last thing I need is more weight really

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links