Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Exhaust Noise...

mcchunkers

...right folks, not really a problem, more of a concern...

went out for a short journey there with the wife, and upon returning (with the engine up to operating temperature) i heard the exhaust rattling a tiny touch when reversing into my space. that didn't really concern me, but it was only when i got out to inspect and my wife hit the revs to scare me when i was face-level with the exhaust. the noise was fine and normal until the very end of the rev and then it made a slight growelly sounding blip of noise. so i got her to give it a few revs and it made the noise each and every time, the higher the rev, the longer the duration of the weird sound at the end of each of them. i might add that my wife never blipped above 3500rpm at any point. i've been having problems with hitting lift lately, and my exhaust was popping like mad during the summer but it has subsided with colder temperatures creeping in, even though it does still pop every so often when i'm changing from 1st to second gear or putting it in reverse. i believe it's running rich, and has been all summer, but this sound is new to me. would anyone have any idea if it's just the exhaust burning off the unspent fuel? or should i start worrying about exhaust valves and the like?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance...