Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm A Silly Cow Admitted But Now Really Need Help

Welshcakes

Okay, now I put my hands up to being a thicko for doing this but ... my Avensis Master key was low on Battery so I took apart without problem to change Battery. Didn't have the right Battery in the house so thought I would pop down to local shop and purchase. With key dismantled (yes, many of you know what's coming) I thought I could just use the 'key' part to start car and purchase said battery. It wouldn't start and dawned on me that it's because I didn't have fob 'gubbins' so walked to shop, got battery, installed and reassembled. Works a treat. Went to use car now and thought the fob unlocks perfectly, engine still won't turn over and hence it would appear that eve though I have my Master Key without any damage (I know it wasn't damaged as the battery replacement is isolated and a doddle), the immobiliser will not recognise the Master code and hence will not deactivate immobiliser. I am praying I'm not advised that I have made a seriously expensive mistake and that there is a cheap way round this that doesn't involve buying anything from a Toyota dealer.

Thanks in anticipation that I shall not be weeping at your expert advice!

Just a quick note to say, thanks to a quick trawl of the web, I have found answer and have unlocked immobiliser. If anyone is ever in the same position (though it takes a special sort of stoopid to do what I did), for a 1.8 Avensis '02, the way to unlock is as follows:

Get in and close all doors;

Within 15 seconds , insert key and turn on and off 4 times - don't try and turn over, just to the 'ON' position and back;

Switch on a 5th time and open and close driver door ... at this point my radio came on and my immobiliser had disarmed.

If you need to go further, I have read that you would then continue with the following steps;

Within 20 seconds on opening and closing the driver door as above, continue to open and close it up to five more times and then remove the key;

Within 10 seconds, insert and switch to 'ON' and leave in place for at least 60 seconds. Remove key. End.

Thanks for the reads anyway.

Please not this only works when you are using the Master Key.